Thread: WTB: Original original seat belt receivers for sport seats in a 1971

WTB: Original original seat belt receivers for sport seats in a 1971

WTB: original seat belt receivers for sport seats in a 1971.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

sport seat receivers

I have these, only one 1971 dated version. The ones with the small plastic rear cap came from a 1970S. Asking €400,- shipped for the ones with long plastic rear caps, €300,- for the other set. I can change out the 71 dated with the same side in either one of the sets. The top of one of the plastic long rear caps has been fixed, small piece of plastic was missing.

Regard,
    Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

Do you know which ones are correct....the short covers or the long covers?
    Rich

Email sent to you

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Hi Rich,

It is a bit unknown but over the years I have seen 3 different versions; in an early MY69 car that came with Autoflug retractable seat belts a type similar to VW receiver, a later 69 or early MY1970 the receivers with the short cover (again with Autoflug retractable seat belts) and 71-73 cars with long receiver covers. Probably, it also depended if there were Comfort or Sport seats in the car. I think there is no official documentation what should be mounted. For a 71 I would go for the long covers.
    The Spare Parts Catalog 69-70 only shows the short receiver, For MY 71 the first time the long receiver appeared. Bit odd? I have a feeling that long receivers were made by RePa for Autoflug initially, but then also used specially for the seat frames that come with Sport seats. Just guessing.

Regards,
    Cees

btw, I did not receive an e-mail (mompher@hotmail.com)

Quote Originally Posted by rattlecan View Post
    Do you know which ones are correct....the short covers or the long covers?
    Rich