Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Missing tools for 1972 MY toolkit

...also, I'm not sure the jack is correct - it has the green dot on the crank handle and is stamped Bilstein on the lifting leg but the peg does not fold in, whereas Brett Johnson's book says it should?

1AB4F8AD-7B41-449F-845E-86F1E99DCD23.jpg

CC2FD5A2-CA05-4C44-AC72-098B77F1E91E.jpg

Is mine a later one perhaps?
    ESR #4098
    ‘72 T Coupe (donor car for M491 2.5 SR)
    '72 S Coupe (2-owner tangerine unicorn)

Your Tool bag, Wrenches and Jack are not correct for your ‘72 if you want to be technical about correctness.
    ESR # 2300

Thanks. Dirk has emailed me about this and is helping me find the correct bits, but I’m not sure who to believe given contradictory comments here and in Brett Johnson’s book to be honest.
    ESR #4098
    ‘72 T Coupe (donor car for M491 2.5 SR)
    '72 S Coupe (2-owner tangerine unicorn)

I have this tool kit available and missing the easier bits to complete it.
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...light=Tool+kit
    ESR # 2300

Quote Originally Posted by matteo68 View Post
    Thanks. Dirk has emailed me about this and is helping me find the correct bits, but I’m not sure who to believe given contradictory comments here and in Brett Johnson’s book to be honest.
    Bob is right on all 3 counts

Brett's book is wrong that jack is later than 72 yours should have the straight handle no bend.

Tool bag is wrong should be fold over with snaps your bag does not look correct for any original Porsche tool kit

Your tool should be milled end, drop forged markings.

Dirk will get you on the right track.

Bob's kit is what you need plus the 2 missing wrenches, your jack is correct so you don't need one of those.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Thanks Clyde.

I’ve bought the correct jack and flat head screwdriver from Dirk and wheel nut lug wrench, Phillips screwdriver and Klein hex key wrench from Wes914, so I’m just needing a set of large font DFS machined-head wrenches, Phoenix v-belt and Pudenz fuses now. I also found the correct tool bag on eBay.