Thanks Chuck. I didn't mean to steal pemz0r's thread. He is far more of a magician than I am. And I am certainly not a X'er, but given there was no other driving competition at PCA parade, and this was more of a time-trial or short track course (which was awesome, hopefully they do more "bigger" autocross courses in future years). There were a few other early cars, including a veteran of this board who won p02 (both male and female classes)!

Saying absolutely nothing of my skill...I will always find it remarkable that a 50-year old car can do so well at any driving competition. pemz0r is winning FTD with a SWB 912-6. The parade autocross was won, by many seconds, by a very modified 914-6 that didn't need to brake. I was 37th out of 350 with a 51-year old longhood that I drove back and forth to the parade, let out 10 psi on the tires and stiffened up my rear swaybar to promote oversteer - and that was it. Beating a bunch of water-pumpers and GT cars. Porsche made some very, very special cars 50 years ago and they love to be driven.

Admittedly I prefer the full track, but for learning how to handle your car at the limit, nothing beats autocross. More, for any folks who have these cars and are afraid to explore the limit at speed, autocross is a consequence-free way to do so. You can spin out and worst case is you get some dirt on your tires. You loose it on a full track, the consequences can be a bit more severe. So short story for anyone on the board is try out your next PCA autocross, even if to just to feel what your car feels like at the edge (and beyond) and how to handle under and oversteer. The cones don't hurt! And as you say, the true masters at autocross are magicians in the ability to make the car do what they want.