Thread: 1973 rs $295,000

1973 rs $295,000

I don't know if anyone saw this one. It is not mine, I just stumbled across it.

I put up all the info on my blog:

http://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

The RS

Canepa has it...it's been on his site for some time.
    Any car of Meyer's is going to be spot on perfect.

I'd verify that asking price however...seems a little low.

Good luck.

R/Thom

Looks like RS are recession proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringmeister View Post
    Looks like RS are recession proof.
    Has it sold? Just because he is asking that doesn't mean it will sell for that.
    Chuck

Early 911S registry #380
    '70S
    '75S
    '96 C4S
    '65 R69S

Reality - Don't shoot me, I'm just "the messenger"

Has anyone noticed unemployment numbers, layoffs and general malaise?

No high-line dealer is selling anything at "ask". Ask all you want but you cannot get blood out of a turnip.

Values ARE down and reality hasn't really set in or they are "looking the other way". Kind of like our government did with the mortgage and banking debacle.

People chasing too few goods with too much money make prices go where they shouldn't. This isn't the 1st time for this "phenomenon". When somebody offered me nearly 2X what I paid for a car it was theirs. I did keep the car I always wanted and still have it. A cheap 911. A rare bird.

I only wish I had listened to my wife when she came back from a conference last summer. I would have shorted the living hell out of anything to do with brokerage firms and mortgage holders (and would not be writing this post from where I sit). This was NOT inside information. It was information about things nobody wanted to admit were a problem. Now our government has injected our hard earned money into these same thieves and they are using it to prop up a false recovery.

As for prices:

There were some really good buys at Barber Vintage Days 2 weeks ago. Bikes that would easily bring $20K 2 years ago are now at half price. A couple of Vincent Rapides went cheap. Some BMW's were absolute steals. A lot of bikes went unsold. I suggest to anyone who is interested in real information that you subscribe to Proxibid so you can look at the results from all auctions.

The recession is NOT OVER and the press should be ashamed of their reporting. The really "big shoe" has yet to drop. The commercial stuff has yet "to hit the fan" but it's already starting to get a head of steam. Banks/Mortgage Brokers are playing games with their bottom line. A local mortgage work out person who spoke on anonymity said that they have properties 18 months in arrears and didn't know what to do with it but that's hardly news now, is it? An aquaintance who recently went to Phoenix to "pick out" a $1.4 million dollar (there's a bunch) which he'll likely get for $400,000. So, who's the bigger fool here?

Ask for the moon but don't be surprised if you are offered Mexico.

Hold if you can. Sell if you must.

Good luck.

Tom

PS: As for reporting "Sales"; Statistics can be made to work in whatever manner or way you wish them to "lean". Discarding Unfavorable Data, Data Manipulation and Biased Samples can "make the numbers work" (for you).
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Tom,
    This looks to me to be a #1 car.
    This particular car was built in the last batch of 500 produced. It was purchased by world famous automotive enthusiast and collector Bruce Meyer in 2004 and has became a prized part of his collection. The car was in excellent condition but Meyer wanted to take it to the next level of perfection.

All of the mechanical and electronic systems were thoroughly inspected, and where needed restored to factory new condition. The engine was completely rebuilt. The suspension was upgraded with new 21mm front, and 27mm rear, torsion bars and new Bilstein shocks. New brake rotors and rebuilt calipers were installed along with all new front and rear wheel bearings. The entire chassis was restored to full concours standards. The attention to detail is second to none. For example, original factory wheel weights that are unique to the Fuchs alloy wheels were sourced to balance the new Yokohama AVS tires.

The body and interior were also detailed to very high concours standards. The front bumper, hood and rear “Duck Tail” spoiler were superbly refinished and new “Carrera RS” and “Porsche” graphics installed. The seats were completely rebuilt and upholstered in new factory matching material. The entire interior was completely cleaned and detailed. The trunk and gas tank were also restored to “as new” condition.
    I doubt a potential buyer of this car is suffering from this recession.

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    Has anyone noticed unemployment numbers, layoffs and general malaise?
    Anyone that hangs out at this site would be aware of your dire warnings of future malaise.

Nonetheless, unemployment and layoff numbers have always been a lagging indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by sithot View Post
    The commercial stuff has yet "to hit the fan" but it's already starting to get a head of steam.
    That is true, but I have known this for months. There isn't hardly a day that goes by when I don't read about in The Wall Street Journal (which I've read since I was in business grad school-- when they gave me a copy everyday for free).

I don't doubt that some people and some financial companies will suffer more before things get better. I wish them well.

I agree that the total wealth of the American people has slipped somewhat. The latest statistics (from the Federal Reserve) say that the wealth of the American people has slipped down to $55 Trillion dollars. That is $3T less than the peak.

Yes, I am an optimist. But I've never known a pessimist that made a lot of money in the long term.

Do you short stocks, derivatives, and trade with put options?
    Doc
    1972 Porsche 911
    2023 Porsche 911 Turbo
    2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350

FS: @Canepa - Grand Prix White M472 #1537

1973 Porsche 2.7L 911 Carrera RS
    VIN: 9113601537
    Price: "Please Call for Pricing"

1973 Porsche 2.7L 911 Carrera RS - Grand Prix White 1.jpg

Dealer Description:

- 2 Owners from new
    - Previously owned by Southern California’s most famous car enthusiast
    - Porsche Factory Upgraded to M472
    - Matching numbers engine and transmission
    - Documented in the definitive Carrera RS book by Dr. Georg Konradsheim

This 911 Carrera RS, #1537, was specified as an M472 model. Delivered new to Italy, the first owner would keep the Carrera RS for 32 years. The RS was imported to the U.S. where it remained with the original owner until it was sold in 2004 to its second owner.

The second owner, the most prominent car guy/car enthusiast in Southern California, kept the car in his collection of other special automobiles. When he received the car, he had it shipped to Canepa in 2005 to work to get it in mechanical shape. After 17 years, he decided to ask Bruce Canepa, his close friend, to help find the car a new home.

Each and every collector car that comes to Canepa is put through an extensive and diligent process called the “Canepa Difference.” This includes a major and comprehensive mechanical inspection where all systems are checked and serviced as necessary. This Concours-quality RS has just completed an extensive mechanical refurbishment and services. It has also received an award-winning concourse-level detailing, a thorough cleaning of each and every surface that ensures that every car is a sight to behold. Finishing off with a foam-pad-only polish to enhance the paint finish, each and every car is a perfect example and a personification of Bruce Canepa’s impeccable attention to detail. This RS is in fantastic condition and a stunning rare find

The first series of 911 Carrera RS cars spanned only 500 examples and having such a well-maintained and expertly restored example—a car we have known for nearly 20 years--come through our doors is an exciting occasion. With chassis #1537 we present the opportunity to own a celebrated piece of Porsche’s homologation history, one that you can drive and enjoy on the street, and is the perfect example of duality that Porsche has built its reputation upon.
    Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548