Thread: RePa retractable seat belts ROW, dated 1972

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

RePa retractable seat belts ROW, dated 1972

Hello,

Just finished this set of RePa retractable seat belts dated 1972. These where not specific build for Porsche but the generic type. I have changed the B style hook and metal end mounting plate to be the same as used in our 911's MY72 and 1973 RePa seat belts. Remarkable good condition for 50yr old pieces. Asking € 250,- posted.

Regards,
    Cees
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Cees,
    Which one is the driver's and which one is the passenger's seat belt?
    Both look exactly the same. Shouldn't be different on the retracting mechanisms. The thicker sides of the retracting mechanism shouldn't be mirrored? This set looks like 2 seat belts for the driver's side or the passenger's side. We had some similar discussions before about this. Correct me if I am wrong about those seat belts now.
    Kyriakos
    1973 911E Light Ivory

The generic RePa seat belts from 1972 and 1973 I have had in my hands my are indeed fit for both sides compared to they made for Porsche with a specific driver and passenger side. I guess they did that because Porsche recommended to mount the reels in a 12 degree angle. With this angle the side where the locking wheel is then tilted to the inside of the reel, may be better locking action? Just guessing. Porsche/RePa discontinued this in about 1976 when all the reels were one and the same.

Cees

Just for reference, my 1973 originals with the mirrored plastic caps on the mechanisms. This was before I sowed on a couple of Stretch's labels.
    Ravi

L1030182.jpg
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Hi Cees

Interested in the seat belts. Will try to message you separately to follow up. Thanks

Replied, hope you got my message.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    Replied, hope you got my message.

Cees
    Hi sorry checked but couldn't find your message. Let me know how I can take this further whether via email WhatsApp or otherwise. Thank you.

No problem, guess you can't send or receive private messages yet, you need to have minimum of 5 posts. E mail to mompher@hotmail.com should work.

Rgds,
    Cees

This set is NLA.
    Last edited by fourteenten; 10-21-2022 at 11:39 PM. Reason: add info

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    No problem, guess you can't send or receive private messages yet, you need to have minimum of 5 posts. E mail to mompher@hotmail.com should work.

Rgds,
    Cees
    Thanks for the reply. Just sent an email to you to discuss separately