Thread: WTB: ‘71 only engine relay cover

WTB: ‘71 only engine relay cover

Hi all. My engine compartment relay cover (and fuse box cover) has gone missing. As the car is mostly original, I am trying to find an NLA accurate replacement. Please PM or email me at jovalle at mac dot com if you have any of these parts, as below.

1AD3C738-9983-4167-8A12-05200EB098E7.jpg
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Not that I heard anything, but can be cancelled! It was found in a pile of my old carpeting. This may have been my ultimate Porsche Karen moment.

That said, if anyone has one, I wouldn't mind one for my RS clone, which is a '71 E, but requires a bit of a jig for fit the '73 relaycover.
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

I am also looking for one of these 71 only fuse panel covers. Need the knurled screws too!

Anyone have one?????

Bump, still looking!

Not sure if you are still looking but I was able to find both Relay Cover and Knurled Screws at Stoddard Ask for James. Upon install I noticed my bracket was about ~37mm off. I fixed this by making a short aluminum bracket. If you need part numbers let me know...

Quote Originally Posted by aopicka View Post
    Not sure if you are still looking but I was able to find both Relay Cover and Knurled Screws at Stoddard Ask for James. Upon install I noticed my bracket was about ~37mm off. I fixed this by making a short aluminum bracket. If you need part numbers let me know...
    Those covers with the offset holes are available everywhere. The 1971 911 had a one year only cover with the holes in line vertically and are like chicken lips….very hard to find!

I am still looking for one of the 1971 only covers.

Thank you - I was not aware it was a one year only item. Ill keep my modified one for the time being and start the search for one as well. Thanks for the explanation.

If you find 2 I will take one!