Thread: 911 930 Turbo 1979 Andial Racing Looking for Information

911 930 Turbo 1979 Andial Racing Looking for Information

Hello All,

I appreciate that this car is a bit older than the Forum usually covers however this is a bit of an unusual car and I'm trying to find out more about it. I bought it in March this year from a collector in Europe. The car was made in 1979 and then exported to Japan where it looks like it was first registered in April 1980. The engine has an Andial Racing plate on it and I think the car had a lot of money spent on it making it into a street racer. A lot of weight has been stripped out of the car - it now weighs 1140kg. There is a very high spec racing cage inside and lightweight Recaro seats. The bonnet has been remade in Kevlar and the brakes appear to be ceramic. It's also got a bespoke exhaust system on it. The speedometer shows 5918km.

I have tried to contact Andial, who are now owned by Porsche Racing North America to see if they have any records of the car but I have had no response. Is there a register of Andial cars somewhere? Does anyone know about the Japan street racing scene of the 1980's and if there are any records of the cars involved? The car is being restored and the more work that is done on it the more intriguing it becomes.

I'd be grateful for any help/information you may have.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mid Night Club is the group that ran a lot of Porsche's in Japan in the 80's-90's. They would be the place to start your research.

That is an Andial intercooler only.... The Japanese are famous for putting stickers everywhere.... claiming a car was built by a famous shop... I highly doubt Andial ever touched this car.
    There is no registry... and they have been bought by Porsche NA. Enjoy
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Brombacher is a Tuner in Germany https://www.fvd.net/de-en

Now over her..... Good luck on your quest
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88