Thread: Kardex question re: delivery

Kardex question re: delivery

My Kardex indicates that the "handler" is P.C. Southeast, Jacksonville, Fla.
    So, what does this mean? Is this the distributor?

Also, the block below the "handler" has a person's name and address. It looks like this field is labeled as "Wagenbesitzer." What does this field mean? Is this the first owner of the car?

Thanks. Just looking to connect some dots.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Wagenbesitzer is German for car owner

Yes, the distributor, Porsche Cars Southeast, was Brumos. That would have shown up on your window sticker, as well as the selling dealer (which also could have been Brumos as they retailed cars then too).
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Thanks for the info.

The first owner was in Sarasota, FL. Was Brumos the nearest Porsche dealer in '68? If so, I guess it would be safe to assume that Brumos was the selling dealer as well? If there was a dealer in Tampa at the time, that would have been much closer.
    Bill G.

1968 911 Ossi Blue coupe...full restoration in process
    Done: Engine; transmission; suspension; gauges; wheels; rust repair & primer; brakes; paint
    In progress: electrical; the tedious, endless, horrible fastener sorting/plating
    EarlyS #718 | RGruppe #437

Just got the Kardex for my '67 911 SWT, and it also says the dealer is "P.C. Southeast, Jacksonville" which is crazy since I bought the car from someone in Canada and he was pretty sure it was originally a Canadian car. Is it possible that it's not if the Kardex says FL?Name:  500634 Kardex.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  121.7 KB
    '67 911 SWT - 500634

Definitely a US delivered car.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Wow, amazing I'm gonna call him.

I bought it from a lovely guy in Edmonton, Canada and he bought it from a man from Saskatchewan. He thought it was originally from Toronto, apparently not!
    Last edited by DrZ123; 08-23-2022 at 02:24 AM.
    '67 911 SWT - 500634

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Definitely a US delivered car.
    Spoke to Tom, super sweet guy, gave me some great info, and is going to look for more but did find this photo. Then and now!

Name:  IMG_3863.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  61.4 KBName:  1967_porsche_911-soft-window-targa_1D7A2314-scaled.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  115.3 KB
    '67 911 SWT - 500634

Fantastic Thats super cool