Folks, I posted this on Pelican but should have posted it here... link with pics and details (read thread, has leak down numbers)

NOTE: Cylindar 1 is around 20%, rest are strong. I had the engine as shown posted at 15k. I'll do a deal for anyone who wants this now, make me an offer, you won't offend me.

I also have a ton of take offs from my core that is in the car now, 2.7L mahale nikasil, full CIS setup that was running great when in the core motor car, etc. 2.7L crankshaft. Lots of ancillaries. Anyone is SoCal is more than welcome to checkout the stash and make me offers.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rop-ready.html

As shown. $15,000 OBO

Pickup at my shop in SoCal. Can pack on a pallet for truck pickup at your cost.

Engine shows great! Costmetics look fantastic on this motor. All tins and bits are recent powder coat. No rust. No gunk. No grime.

The engine is a 911/85 from a 1977 911S
Engine #: *6275603* type: 911/85
Engine has about 10k miles on it - at that time the top end was done, heads refurbished, cams checked, new rings. Case was not split as it was lower mile. All cosmetic and mechanical refurbishment.
CIS pistons/motor
Just a little bit of weaping (drop or 2 after a run) from front end of case
Webers in good working order and recently refurbished when motor was rebuilt
Distributor is refurbished, and has Pertronix
Newer CDI coil from partsclassic
Includes SSI and Dansk stainless muffler
Carrera tensioners
Includes clutch shown from a 71 911
Note ring gear is missing a tooth
I will also include a permatune CDI box, and may have other parts I will include at asking depending on what you need. I basically have 2.5 complete 911/85 engines.
All work on engine was done by Kurt at partsclassic
This motor has been part of my 71T since it was installed in 1992 (have all receipts for that work) the owner at that time only put maybe 30k miles on car, before it was parked.
Car was restored in 2015 and that is when motor was done. In that time, 10k miles.
Oil changed 2x a year with Valvoline VR1R 20w50 high zinc.

Engine runs well and I have put about 7k of those 10k mines on it. It started up this morning 4/23/2021 easily, moved into the shop, where engine was pulled for a motor swap.

ALSO: I have a complete CIS injection off a 77 911S. The take off had 30k miles, includes everything for the induction. I will include this in my asking price. This could be installed on this motor if you wanted CIS injection (not sure why you would but I'll include it to get it out of my garage!

I also have the factory in refurbished condition air box with extra air filters if you don't like the K&N. Will include at asking.

In person inspection is welcome.

$15,000 obo

Thanks

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rop-ready.html