Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: @Bonhams - Rare very early 911 soft-window Targa

IMG_1993.jpg

All change...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cornwall
    UK

Sold today at Bonham's auction at Goodwood Revival.
    Cornwall
    UK

Hi guys,

I just went through the pics of this nice SWT and realized that it has the same two solide metal pieces above the windshield frame as my relatively early SWT #500 163. I have always thought that a quite talented mechanic had made them at one point in the car's history because they look a bit homemade. Pretty well done but not as "mass-production" looking like the later stainless-steel stampings. Does anybody know when the change to the new pieces that we all know occured?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, member #841

There is a gentleman on the 912 registry that has 550279, It has the early style pieces above the windshield., I have 550343,550516 and 500712 all the later style
    registry #2072

Thanks Jim, I try to pin down (roughly) when the change occured and this certainly helps
    Mike, member #841

Can you post a photo of the windshield header detail which you are referencing?

Sorry for the delay, here are the pics.tangerine.jpgswt1.jpg Do more of you have early Targas with such pieces? Would be interesting to be able to tell around which date/VIN the change to the newer pieces occured and to add it to our date bases here in the registry.
    Mike, member #841