Thread: Where is the inner fender hook located for the battery strap?

Where is the inner fender hook located for the battery strap?

as many of you might recall, i am trying to address the final minutia of resurrection of '68 SWT #11880001.

this particular minutia is caused by the lack of a hook for the rubber battery strap which is to be anchored to the driver's side inner fender.

can anyone provide a photo of the correct location and configuration for the hook that anchors the battery strap?

(according to stoddard, this is the part #SIC-501-965-15 Battery Strap Clip Bracket for 911 912 1965-1968. Welds to Inner Trunk to Secure Rubber Battery Strap. SIC50196515 SIC50196515)

thanks, as always, for sharing your wisdom.

ms

Moito, i am constantly impressed by your contributions to the community. THANK YOU, FRIEND! if i ever get to Austria, i would be honored to buy you a beer (including receiving your guidance as to which beer is 'correct'), and hoisting the glass in your honor.

a follow-up question to further capitalize on your genius, friend ... do you know what fastener (for the hook) is shown in the photo? do you know a source for the correct fastener?

Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    those are LWB straps

Mike,the hook is welded to the inner fender .the spherical thingie (if this is what you think is a fastener) is for positioning of the hook and part of the stamping of the inner fender.

btw `68 inner fender is slightly different compared to the earlier version...just in case you replaced something in the front section with a RD panel.

i`m currently more into Czech than Austrian beer

[QUOTE=moito;1132610]those are LWB straps

/QUOTE]

oops, yes. Reread this was for a '68 SWT
    Early 911S Registry # 2395
    1973 Porsche 911S in ivory white 5sp MT
    2015 Porsche Macan S in agate grey 7sp PDK

Friends & neighbors,

I have the hook, and because of Moito's excellent information, I now realize that the piece had been there all along, except the hook had been broken off.

I now understand exactly what to do, except with regard to replicating the thing I thought was the fastener.

If anyone has a suggestion about the locator/fastener, I'm all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    Friends & neighbors,

I have the hook, and because of Moito's excellent information, I now realize that the piece had been there all along, except the hook had been broken off.

I now understand exactly what to do, except with regard to replicating the thing I thought was the fastener.

If anyone has a suggestion about the locator/fastener, I'm all ears.
    i use a steel ball (ball bearing) on one side and and a steel tube with the appropriate ID on the other side

Finally finished replacing the battery strap hook this afternoon. It turned out that the hook-part had been broken off before I bought the car.

Thanks, once again, to the community, generally, and Moito, specifically, for the assistance.

Thanks to everyone.