Thread: Need help finding the correct 1971 911T engine compartment fuse panel cover!!!

Need help finding the correct 1971 911T engine compartment fuse panel cover!!!

I have been searching for engine compartment fuse panel cover and found a good used one. Got it and it does not fit!!!

The mounting points in my car are inline vertically, and are not offset with the upper hole positioned to the left (rear of car) from the lower one.

The 1st photo is the panel cover that I need:

The 2nd photo is what I bought, but does not fit, as the holes do not line up.

Next photos are more of the cover that I need.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by CheckBookChuck; 09-05-2022 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added more photo’s

'71 only fuse panels are really tough to find. There are a few threads on hear looking for them, and some almost a decade old. I pestered every good parts supplier about a month ago when it appeared as though mine was lost in winter work. I found one promising lead...but my panel was found and I stopped looking...they are tough to find. If you aren't hell-bent on accuracy, just use the '72 on fuse panel and you should be able to get a bracket at a hardware store to "move" the upper attachment point forward (just use the wingnut and a bolt behind the bracket to secure the panel). Hopefully you still have the three-fuse cover that is under the relay cover, as those are even harder to find!
    MBR #3926
    '71 911 T Targa "Rick White"
    '71 911 E "Karen"
    '70 S/T
    '16 CD
    '10 E61 "Vomit Comet"

Quote Originally Posted by RickWhite View Post
    '71 only fuse panels are really tough to find. There are a few threads on hear looking for them, and some almost a decade old. I pestered every good parts supplier about a month ago when it appeared as though mine was lost in winter work. I found one promising lead...but my panel was found and I stopped looking...they are tough to find. If you aren't hell-bent on accuracy, just use the '72 on fuse panel and you should be able to get a bracket at a hardware store to "move" the upper attachment point forward (just use the wingnut and a bolt behind the bracket to secure the panel). Hopefully you still have the three-fuse cover that is under the relay cover, as those are even harder to find!
    Thanks Rick. I want to keep it “Original” so I will keep looking. Did your “promising lead” pan out and are you willing to share it?

Still looking. Anyone have one they do not need? 1971 one year Only.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Still looking!!!

Hi Chuck,

We met a long time ago via John W / Otto - back in the mid 90s - on my way to Jerry Woods to dyno one of my race engines...

I think I might have what you are looking for as a left over from my latest build... 71 T into an 73 3.0 MFI RSR... I haven't gone through all the left over original parts yet, but was going to list for sale here at some point...

Does this fit the bill? If so, just PM me...

Cheers
    Dave

Name:  71 911 fuse cover front.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  121.8 KB

Name:  71 911 fuse cover back.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  118.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CheckBookChuck View Post
    Still looking!!!
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html