Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NOS left bosch turn signal housing 69-73 euro spec

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    The PET number difference between the Italian market pre 73 (this one) and the 73 version is just the lens that came with the unit. Front light complete, left, lens with Alu-rim Italy 901.631.401.05 vs 911.631.402.31, lens with black rim for Italy.
    As far as I know and also in my Italian delivery 73 there is no extra plastic silver painted reflector on the city light. Super nice unit, GLWS.

Cees

Regarding the wiring harness, are there any differences between Euro and Italian?

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    I do not think the wiring harnesses are different, actually PET only lists 911.612.024.00 left, 901.612.025.00 right side, no distinction between countries.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by fourteenten View Post
    I do not think the wiring harnesses are different, actually PET only lists 911.612.024.00 left, 901.612.025.00 right side, no distinction between countries.

Cees
    Super. Thanks.

Hi Michael,

You might be correct about the silvering worn away. The seals are black. Is a 911E 2.4 produced 11/72, early MY73, Vin ending 00181. First delivery Switzerland, so is a European but Swiss specs MY73. (There were some different specs for the Swiss-delivered cars also as for the ones delivered to Italy. Horns for example.)

I once took off the lens and checked the state of the housing. It was really bad. I remember the white color and lots of fading areas and rust but I can't be sure now about being only white. It was in a bad state and I had difficulty with one of the screw holes when I tried to put back the lens. I had to use a thicker screw.
    I am away now for business and I will check when I return back home but that will be in early October.

In the meantime have a look at this pair of turning light housings removed before restoration. Photos 295 & 296 from a current BAT auction of a 1970 911E. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1970-porsche-911e-31/
    1970_porsche_911e_#296.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Free bump

Would love to see some pics because of all the buckets I've had, the only ones that had any traces of white also had silvering and the silvering had worn away. What color were the seals? The original light grey/tan or the later black?
    Also, of all the Euro that had the additional little plastic reflector behind the little running light bulb, they were all silver and that included on original RS.

I'll have access to my original books tonight to see if I can jog my memory whether Porsche defined specific part numbers for the signals that were different than the rest of Euro (non Italy).

I've also seen the silver plating go dull from oxidation so, assume that would be more likely for the Italian signal for sale here than it being part of the Italian Spec.
    1973 911E Light Ivory

[QUOTE=J-R;1133940]
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriakos73 View Post
    Attachment 580798

This one is meant for Italy only -72

If you are Italian or in a relationship with an Italian car, this is your chance
    J-R,
    I believe you have not been very honest with the way you placed your advert for sale here. You did not put close-up detailed photos of such a nice NOS part to justify the high price you are asking. That is because you did not want to show part No. which is now revealed and shortened by far the list of possible buyers.

Also, I do not really like your sarcastic smiling comment to me 'If you are Italian or in a relationship with an Italian car, this is your chance

Porsche has been working on remanufacturing those turn signal housings. Till the end of the year, they will be available and the pricing will be around 400 euro, so that will be a good and better chance to avoid sellers of NOS parts telling us about our chances!
    Rgds
    Kyriakos
    1973 911E Light Ivory

[QUOTE=kyriakos73;1134112]
    Quote Originally Posted by J-R View Post

J-R,
    I believe you have not been very honest with the way you placed your advert for sale here. You did not put close-up detailed photos of such a nice NOS part to justify the high price you are asking. That is because you did not want to show part No. which is now revealed and shortened by far the list of possible buyers.

Also, I do not really like your sarcastic smiling comment to me 'If you are Italian or in a relationship with an Italian car, this is your chance

Porsche has been working on remanufacturing those turn signal housings. Till the end of the year, they will be available and the pricing will be around 400 euro, so that will be a good and better chance to avoid sellers of NOS parts telling us about our chances!
    Rgds
    Kyriakos
    I have nothing to hide, I wasn't aware of the italian finish and didn't use the part number to verify.

But on this forum, people are very sharp and it helps out
    Last edited by J-R; 09-16-2022 at 10:43 AM.

UP

750€ or make an offer

I am with you Michael

Euro spec (Australia) definately had silver in the front indicator bodies and you only ever see white when the silver starts to disappear.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by J-R View Post
    UP

750€ or make an offer
    Is this still available?
    1973 911E Light Ivory