Thread: Increased capacity for early engine

Increased capacity for early engine

First off apologies for this information request which may have been covered in an earlier post, but I can't find any detail so may I ask this question. I'm pulling my 2.4 engine out for a rebuild next month and would dearly like to increase the size to 2.7 or even 3 litre. First of all is this possible and if so who would be the best supplier of components. I certainly don't mind some engineering to get things to fit but I would rather hope 90mm barrels could be a straight bolt in fitment. Also with the rebuild I am seeking recommendations for camshafts, obviously I don't want anything in the top fuel category just something with a bit of a kick to them. Thanks guys.

No ... The 90mm barrels would not be a straight bolt in fitment... The spigot bores have to be increased, almost NO turning back from that...

This old thread starts talking about high compression 2.7 rebuilds... but it kind'a has a bunch of general info:
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...-2-7RS-engines

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I've gone through all the previous posts re this subject and basically I was looking for a quick and dirty way to get a capacity and power increase for my 2.4, however it looks like to squeeze the power out of this engine I might be getting into a rather expensive minefield. I have an option on a 3.2 that needs a stock rebuild and this way I'll get 220/240 hp and torque to boot. Hopefully I will be able to sell my 40 IDA Webers to buy a set of tasty Jenvey Dynamics injectors. I really would have liked a screaming hi comp two and a half liter engine but I have to take the more sensible and economical way forward.Name:  356-ddk3.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  124.4 KB

What about making the 2.4 high compression with 2.2S pistons and twin plug it ?
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue