Thread: 1973 911S wiper speeds

1973 911S wiper speeds

I am rebuilding my 1973 911S from the ground up, and a bit stumped on the wiper. My car had a lot of newer parts installed. A new wiper stalk I bought for a 1973 seems to be for 3 speeds but my new Kroon wiring harness only seems to be wired for 2 speeds. Also, it is unknown to me what wiper motor I have, likely from a newer car.

What is the correct number of wiper motor speeds for a 1973 911S? Also, did it have intermittent wipers if nothing was listed in the options list?

Lightbulb

kiato,

This out of my '73 owner's manual...

My April '73S has it's original stock and wiring...

After 33 years of ownership and 49 years of service I'm am left with:

Low speed
    Medium speed
    And no washer option
    (this just went away a few months ago) ....

I should say with this that the washer does work when you pull back on the stock... However, before when I pulled back on the stock, not only did the washer spray but the wipers came on as long as I held the stock back as well... That's the function that ain't happen'n any more....

Hope this helps,
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 09-21-2022 at 10:53 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hi Chuck, this is very helpful.

Seems that the wiper stalk is correct, the wiring harness is correct, and the wiper motor is from a newer 1974-89. Does anyone know how to make the newer wiper motor work with all 3 speeds and make it park properly? It seems that the original motor is NLA.