(apologies if this is in the wrong forum section - we don't have a "marketplace discussion" one like the big bird board, so if it's inappropriate, let me know and I'll delete or have a mod move it)

Hi early S friends.

I'm trying to ascertain the replacement value of an original shifter boot for a '65 911, and my forum searches have yielded no results. Can anyone point me to a sale thread or something? An ebay search has only shown me aftermarket crap ones.

Backstory: I had a local upholstery shop (I won't name and shame yet) repairing some early seats for me, and asked if they'd put some leather treatment stuff on the handbrake and shifter boots since it worked so well on the seats... So they did, and I went to go pick them up, and they handed me just the handbrake boot, and have lost the shifter one. They haven't really been taking me seriously and I want something to show them, to help me make my point that a place that claims to do "restoration" work should understand that an original part from a fifty-seven year old automobile with a startlingly small production number is worth taking seriously.

I appreciate any insight you may have, thank you.

--
Geoff