Thread: Peter Gregg / Brumos 65 911 Interior Images needed

Peter Gregg / Brumos 65 911 Interior Images needed

I am looking for interior images of the 65/66 911 that was campaigned during the 1967 Season. There was also a 67 and 68 911 for the 68 and 69 seasons. Any interior pics of any of these cars is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Don

If you are referring to the #36 Red car. It was owned by a member here... and was recently for sale by Road Scholars in NC. Jerry Peters owned it for many years. T
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Doug Dill

1973 911E Coupe
    PCA #1987109761
    Early 911S Registry #548

I think Don is talking about this one...

I found it captioned for 68 Daytona but I'm not sure that's accurate. I see 4 screw horn grills and wipers parked on the passenger side...so 65 or 66 MY 911.

I've looked at A LOT of old 911 Trans am era pics...very few interior shots from my memory.

But in this pic you can see the rear parcel shelf is covered likely with factory vinyl and you can make out the strap hardware, If you blow up the picture and look at the parcel shelf behind the driver, I don't see any shoulder harness hanging down so probably a NOT on the sports purpose shoulder restraint fittings. I don't see the interior cross bar on the parcel shelf...and I think a reflection would likely be there if it was present.

Looks like white over white sun visors so again pre-67, regular dash and probably no buttons. I don't see the backs of any front seats at this angle so maybe 911 GT speedster seats? I don't think the GT seats were available in 65 or 66 but could've been added by 1968. There's an antenna on the passenger fender so I'm guessing NOT a factory radio delete cover car.

Looks like there's a factory leather steering wheel in place given how thin it is but could be wrong...

Sounds like you're on the trail of something Don...good luck ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I believe the picture is from 1967 Daytona. Also that it was a 1965 car prepped for the race because Gregg's race car was not yet ready. He used the latter in the following round

Name:  ABBC19E3-63ED-4D58-A535-7DE887A527AF.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  118.4 KB

Name:  94C980F5-F65A-4562-82B6-400F1F050532.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  143.3 KB

Name:  E7BE0AB4-C9C3-4C11-AA99-C268BB990FCE.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  126.2 KB

A car at the Brumos museum , maybe it is the one you are looking for? ?

But it might be a 69-70 or 71

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

Thanks for the replies. The picture Jim posted is Daytona '67 and a 65/66 911. It was in fact Gregg's own/Brumos car that he campaigned for the '67 season. The red car was owned by Wilbur Pickett and co driven by Gregg at Sebring after he crashed his '68 911 and needed a car. It is the Light Ivory 4 screw horn grill car I am interested in finding more photos of. I have a car here which I strongly believe to be the Light Ivory Brumos 65/66 car. I am looking for Period images only of interior shots to confirm some details. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Don
    Last edited by Rennman; 10-27-2022 at 04:13 PM.

PCA Panorama of the time reports "Gregg sold the car before the race to a customer who wanted to go racing ... [and] borrowed it back... For the Sebring Trans-Am, second of the series, he will prepare a [different] car that incorporates all permissible modifications." Hence my comments above

[QUOTE=one-two;1137020]PCA Panorama of the time reports "Gregg sold the car before the race to a customer who wanted to go racing ... [and] borrowed it back... For the Sebring Trans-Am, second of the series, he will prepare a [different] car that incorporates all permissible modifications." Hence my comments above[/QUOTE
    Further research confirms you are correct. His Name was Stockton Rogers. Anyone know who he is? Srill looking for images. Thanks.