Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Banjo horn brackets 71/72

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    Not saying this is the correct mounting ….but would like some comments
    12/70 mfg and 71 model year .

If the thought is that both should face down….. then I think I might need a different bracket for the short one ?
    Thanks
    FrankAttachment 583632Attachment 583633
    It appears that 70/71 and early 72 were mounted differently hence my thread.

If you were going to mount that way Frank your minus the main bracket for the forward facing one there are 5 brackets in total plus the one mounted to the battery box sits much higher you need to rotate the brackets 180 degrees if that makes sense so the brackets are above the bolt not below. and th horn sits much higher.

From sometime in 72 hey were mounted in this fashion.

However I have a mate with a very genuine late 70 car so I have reached out to him for pics of the horn set up and mounting.

Stay tuned.

See below for definite late 72 mounting from a May 72 USA car I own.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by BOYER73S; 11-15-2022 at 01:52 PM.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

See first pic for the brackets used if your mounting like the previous pic.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...ets-reproduced
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

OK turns out my friend get's a shock as his horns are some aftermarket rubbish so hit a dead end there
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...here!!!/page37

Just to muddy the waters some more here are pics from the 71S resto showing individual brackets and horns at right angles to one another

Posts 363 and 367
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Found a car in Aust with the earlier horn brackets (we believe). He is dismantling and taking pics so stay tuned.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

I believe the change over from banjo too down and forward was around the 72-73 model year switch over.
    I’ll dig up photos from my 73S later today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Robert D. Groß

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Not to be overly picky, but wouldn't a 7/71 production date be before the August holiday making it a '72 model year car.
    The answer is no. It’s based on the vin number as a 72’. Porsche did a production pilot run before the holidays. Often times many of the cars were Werks owned vehicles but not all. In an extreme case One of my cars was produced 4.5 months before the model year switch and still vin’d for the up and coming.

Here a photo of an April 72’ that was in the shop recently.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Good pic Robert and yes that is correct but we need to find out what bracketing is used to mount them like this.

Can't be the later 72 bracketing as shown in the 70/71 parts book (printed and updated 4/72
    so the mystery remains.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Good pic Robert and yes that is correct but we need to find out what bracketing is used to mount them like this.

Can't be the later 72 bracketi as shown in the 70/71 parts book (printed and updated 4/72
    so the mystery remains.
    Hi Clyde . I have another dual down as pictured at the shop if you need photos of this assembly.
    Regards,