Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1972 911T Sepia Coupe

Cool FS: 1972 911T Sepia Coupe

hello friends-

Update: my DM responses don’t seem to go through on here so please just email me at forum_plod_0v@icloud.com

I’ve been traveling for a year or so and it pains me that the car has been sitting. It’s time to sell, preferably to a registry member. Asking $69K.

up for sale here is my 1972 911T, garaged in san francisco for the last thirteen years, florida for a year or so before that. i am the second owner. the original owner purchased it new in birmingham, alabama, drove it for a few years and basically had it in the garage since. i've spoken with him to confirm these details as I purchased the car through an intermediary (about 2006ish).

mileage. these cars have an odometer that is not sealed so any mileage number is suspect. in fact, the odo was repaired just before delivery to me (N Hollywood shop) and was set to mileage as confirmed by the original owner. I haven't tampered with it. Shorter height tires were put on after a couple of years of my ownership so the odo wasn't accurately representing the miles driven. but it's a small difference. Mileage shown at about 70K.

engine. just because a car has low mileage doesn't mean it doesn't need mechanical work. this engine leaks oil and could benefit from a rebuild. tom amon, who just changed the oil this last spring estimates a stock rebuild to be about 16K. (2021)

coa. never ordered it. the original owner says no major work/replacement was done to the motor or the transmission. I haven't done anything besides minor repairs and maintenance.

rust. every car has rust. it never sleeps. I've found rust in the battery boxes when I put in the correct size sealed gel batteries. it was treated with clear POR-15 so you can see for yourself. car has always been garaged. other smaller bits had rust that I treated as well, metal battery straps, spots inside the headlamp buckets and an edge close to the gas tank.

original bits. car came with pepita/houndstooth standard seats. I replaced those with GTS seats (far lighter and the most comfortable seats I've been in, leather to boot) but the original seats were sold and long gone :/. Dealer installed CB radio and AC also removed and long gone. CB antenna remains. Sugar scoop US delivery lights replaced by H4 lights and a wiring bypass to ease the load on the stalk was done (lights are brighter). Fog lights were clear originally, yellow now.

paint. passenger door was repainted before me. I had the license plate panel done. then when I forgot to pull up the e brake when I went to close the garage door and it rolled into Fell Street traffic, my god, adrenaline is handy when tugging on a car, it got a minor ding on the drivers side quarter panel, fixed and repainted. you shoulda seen the plastic SUV that hit it, it was splintered. gotta love steel baby. not even the turn light was cracked (but the housing was replaced).

changes. added a carbon fiber hood pole because I got tired of buying hood shocks. gts leather seats. coco mats. adapter to connect an iphone (old style wide connector but has an adapter for lightning, it doesn't charge though) to the dealer installed stereo (dealer installed speaker on the rear deck). Nicer pair of speakers that fit in original dash speaker hole installed.

maintenance and repairs. windshield seal replaced, shocks refreshed, engine mounts, too. fuse box replaced, it had failed. batteries less than three years on the fancy german sealed ones.

needs. a rebuild like I mentioned. new tires, these have 10+ years on them but low mileage.

comes with. all my maintenance records. i keep everything. original toolkit. jack. spare wheel (original tire, don't actually use this). original speaker. heat transfer box to improve warm up for MFI motors. fog light bits. my autocross magnetic number. original key, valet key, key pouch, manuals and original service history book, even an engraved name plate with the original owner's name. neat.

other notes. a couple of autocross seasons. cracked a couple of fog lights on steep driveways, fog light glass replaced. housing still has scrapes though. rock chips on the hood and bumper. headliner doesn't sag, neither do the visors. door pockets are perfect. door gaps are perfect. windows roll smoothly. motor still pulls strongly and is such a joy to drive. it is so damn fun. has always started right away. throttle coupler broke once but i duct taped the throttle open (have some duct tape in the glove, just in case and made it home. clutch was a little burned but it got replaced the next day. dash has a couple of cracks in the usual place. MFI was never messed with.

i think that's enough. come see the car, it's better in person. thank you.

Photo link
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jcarpio; 12-08-2022 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Email address addition
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Quick update: I've been asked about how much the motor leaks oil. I've never measured it but I can put a tray under it and see what's left after 24 hours.

Also, I will be taking the car have a compression test done to more accurately assess its health. If a dyno test is available, then I can do that, too.

I've also been asked about rust. I don't have any recent photos. The rust I did find was in the battery boxes and the headlight buckets. I found them when I removed the incorrect batteries and styrofoam padding and added the correct batteries and ground straps for the boxes. For the buckets, I found the surface rust when I added Euro lights and replaced the seals. All of it was treated with clear POR-15 so that future owners (maybe you) could see the work. Thanks for listening.
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Looks to be a very solid and nice 72! Great interior color. This should be sold already for that price!
    72S, 72T now ST

Thanks tough to sell something you have an attachment to. Hoping the right buyer comes through.

Can you please add just a few more recent photos of the car? Great details about the car. Is the one photo added a very recent pic? Thanks.
    Steve Var.
    66 Fulvia
    72 914

Jorge,
    Its beautiful!
    Please hold up a current Newspaper (your choice of paper but with a readable date) when you add the photos for Steve ^^?
    Thanks so much,

Hi Jorge, I am very interested in the car. Emailed you but no response. You can reach me at wowly@yahoo.com. Thanks. -Oliver

Unfortunately had some personal stuff to deal with and haven't been in the Bay Area much this year but this car is still for sale. I just tested the email I set up for it and it works, so not sure why I missed those messages...Apologies for the missed messages and opportunities.

Anyway, I'll be in San Francisco Oct 10-19 and will be putting new Sonnenschein batteries in the car, taking it to S Car Go for an oil change, and a seller (me) financed health check (PPI). I'll get some more photos up as well.

Contact email is forum_plod_0v@icloud.com, but I will be checking this thread, too.
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

New batteries are installed and oil level looks great so my personal opinion is that the leak is nominal. Will have a diagnostic done by S Car Go on Thursday and post the results here.
    911S Registry #837
    1972 911T Sepia

Nice car. I just emailed you.