Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1968/69 bucket seats

Looking for 1968/69 bucket seats

Dear members, I am looking for bucket seats, that were used on the works modified rally versions around 1968-69.
    According to the documents that I have for the car, it was equipped with cord seats and from the original photos of the car, the bolsters seems to have a perforation.
    I’m located in the EU and would be very thankful about more detailed information about what seats these are and ultimately finding a pair so that I can put the car back to it’s original specification.
    Thanks, Fred1EEC00B0-D995-476E-9C76-12FCADEDDF88.jpg

This would be the left one with headrest
    IMG_5278_1280_960.jpg
    _MG_9189_k_1280_854.jpg

hello fred, if these are buckets, then you definitely have to look out for 4-leg buckets, since the recaro rallye 1 (after 4-leg) didn't have any perforations. Hope I could help a bit.

if your documents (birth certificate from porsche/order documents or similar) show the option "buckets" it would be interesting to post that here - thank you very much.

regards uwe

You want the seats to be all original?
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    hello fred, if these are buckets, then you definitely have to look out for 4-leg buckets, since the recaro rallye 1 (after 4-leg) didn't have any perforations. Hope I could help a bit.

if your documents (birth certificate from porsche/order documents or similar) show the option "buckets" it would be interesting to post that here - thank you very much.

regards uwe
    Hello Uwe, thank you for your help and the information. It definitely helps me in my search! ����
    uai posted photos above, from what appears to be the correct version.

I have the birth certificate and could post a copy soon, but it only states cord seats, among other rally equipment. I was incredibly lucky to find the b&w photo of my actual car, posted above, that gives a hint of what they looked like when used 1969.

Regards, Fred
    Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Quote Originally Posted by uai View Post
    This would be the left one with headrest
    IMG_5278_1280_960.jpg
    _MG_9189_k_1280_854.jpg
    Dear uai,
    Thank you for the nice photos.
    Are they for sale? They have great patina!
    Thank you and kind regards, Fred

Quote Originally Posted by zebidee View Post
    Dear uai,
    Thank you for the nice photos.
    Are they for sale? They have great patina!
    Thank you and kind regards, Fred
    Sorry they are not for sale. Part of my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by zebidee View Post
    Dear members, I am looking for bucket seats, that were used on the works modified rally versions around 1968-69.
    According to the documents that I have for the car, it was equipped with cord seats and from the original photos of the car, the bolsters seems to have a perforation.
    I’m located in the EU and would be very thankful about more detailed information about what seats these are and ultimately finding a pair so that I can put the car back to it’s original specification.
    Thanks, Fred1EEC00B0-D995-476E-9C76-12FCADEDDF88.jpg
    Hello Fred, the seats shown in the b&w photo are no buckets but Recaro Sport seats.
    Best
    Michael

I was thinking that too, but wouoldn't you see a faint of a seam?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruisingnkali View Post
    You want the seats to be all original?
    Hi! Are you suggesting modern reproductions? Do you recommend any make in particular?

Regards, Fred