Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for 1968/69 bucket seats

Quote Originally Posted by 911int View Post
    Hello Fred, the seats shown in the b&w photo are no buckets but Recaro Sport seats.
    Best
    Michael
    Hi Michael, do you mean the Recaro Ideal sport seat ? I thought so too, before I compared more closely and it appears to me as if the Recaro is chunkier than the bucket seat and the backrest appears to be higher (as high as the belt) on the Recaro seat compared to the photo I’ve got. The lack of the seam with piping along the side bolsters also made me lean more towards the bucket seat.
    Hard to tell from the photo, though.
    Best regards, Fred

B460FAD6-97C7-4DDA-BDDF-DAC36827DA93.jpg

Rally buckets did have brass grommets after the change from four leg type. I have a pair of them, original covers, Porsche issue. 69-70?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by zebidee View Post
    Hi! Are you suggesting modern reproductions? Do you recommend any make in particular?

Regards, Fred
    Not suggesting modern reproduction, but you may find better luck with original fiberglass shells that are or have been reupholstered…as they would be over 50 years old, the ones with original fabric/upholstery in good condition without rips/tears are very difficult to find and are very expensive. Best of luck with the search.
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by zebidee View Post
    Hi Michael, do you mean the Recaro Ideal sport seat ? I thought so too, before I compared more closely and it appears to me as if the Recaro is chunkier than the bucket seat and the backrest appears to be higher (as high as the belt) on the Recaro seat compared to the photo I’ve got. The lack of the seam with piping along the side bolsters also made me lean more towards the bucket seat.
    Hard to tell from the photo, though.
    Best regards, Fred

B460FAD6-97C7-4DDA-BDDF-DAC36827DA93.jpg
    Hello Fred, the photographer who took the photo surely had the intension to create a mystery. All the identifying details for a bucket or a sport seat are not shown. But the "roundings" of the seats and the form of the upper backrests makes me feel that these are sport seats. But it is more a suggestion of mine, not carved into stone. By the way, buckets or sport seats - both are wunderful.

Cheers
    Michael
    Last edited by 911int; 11-07-2022 at 07:00 PM. Reason: grammar mistake

@zebidee
    Kardex or it didn't happen
    Let's see more

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Rally buckets did have brass grommets after the change from four leg type. I have a pair of them, original covers, Porsche issue. 69-70?
    Yes!

Screen Shot 2022-11-08 at 9.45.19 AM.jpg
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    Where are you located? Are you selling?

Quote Originally Posted by beh911 View Post
    Just confirming, but Recaro bucket seats with grommets came in 1969and 1970? Is this true for the Recaro race bucket as well?
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

fred, the buckets offered by "66S" are the wrong ones for your car. if your 69 picture shows buckets, then those are 100% 4-legs. i.e. the predecessors of those offered by "66s". I am attaching a picture of the back of the seat model that you need to look for - notice the 4 little "feet" . I hope I could help a bit - and sorry to "66S".

regards uwe

bb67.jpeg

If you want to build a set yourself, I have 4 old bare shells available for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    =========================================
    2.4T 1972 Targa - Tangerine German Delivery Ölklappe
    2.4T 1973 Coupe - Golden Green 911ST with 2.8 MFI TwinPlug
    1.7 1970 914-4 - Hell Elfenbein Weiss to be Sonauto GT with a Six
    Looking for engine #6522576
    Rgruppe #674