Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: International shipping costs questions?

Quote Originally Posted by 1QuickS View Post
    I have an account with FedEx which allows me to ask for their "Great Rates" pricing. These rates are routinely 1/3 of on-line pricing.
    I use FedEx International "Great Rates" Dept too. 877-463-7408. UK gets around 80% discount. Germany is heavily discounted as well as Singapore and quite a few other countries. I think France will be up there too in the discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by 1970rsr View Post
    USPS told me that the Tracking is only while in the US... once it leave this country.... There is NO more tracking.
    Yeah, once the USPS tracking shows that it's left the USA and arrived in the destination country, you have to switch over to that counties postal systems tracking.
    I've been able to drop the same tracking number into the PostNord and get info.

Same with receiving packages from other countries.
    If I take their postal tracking number, and drop it into the USPS postal tracking system it usually shows up.
    Not always, but usually :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    USPS tracking works anywhere with a normal postal system, which is pretty much the whole world. What can happen is you have to look on the destination country's post office web site to get accurate tracking. The info that gets passed back to USPS can be sparse or slow.

When I get stuff from the US, once it says "package has left country", I switch to Canada Post's web site and I get very accurate tracking after it enters the country. Same for when I send stuff to Europe. I just witch to the UK, German, Swiss or French post offices after the Canada Post tracking tells me it has left the country and there has never been an issue.

Ravi
    I've had the same experience.
    Seems to work well enough.

Golly gee.
    Shipping Costs
    How many 'threads' are there about this?
    It's like everything these day's guy's n gal's,
    Price wise, nothing that you can't do ya self ain't gunna go down in $$ with the added indignity of lack lustre liability.
    Being in New Zealand you need not preach to me about it.
    Mark

In Summary, the seat made the journey from Bend, Oregon to Paris France intact via USPS Priority shipping for $216.
    The draw back was that they only allowed $400 in insurance, and a declared value of $2499.

After shipping, I reviewed USPS shipping to figure out why it wouldn't allow me to choose Global Express Shipping, and realized it was because I was declaring the value at $4000.
    They have a limit of $2499 for Global Express Shipping option, but you can insure for up to the full $2499 value.
    In hindsight, I would have used this method, but the buyer was hesitant to pay even the $216, when FedEx and UPS were at, or above, $1500.
    The Global Express, with insurance for $2499, came in around $600.

Just out of curiosity. What did you guys agree on in case of loss? 4000 mi us 400 coverage. Who picks up what?btw usps never lossed any of my packages. It’s something that came after recent threads on this board.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Quote Originally Posted by preS View Post
    Just out of curiosity. What did you guys agree on in case of loss? 4000 mi us 400 coverage. Who picks up what?btw usps never lossed any of my packages. It’s something that came after recent threads on this board.

Richard
    I gave the buyer options, and he made the choice to ship without insurance.
    Buyer owned the seat, and took responsibility.
    I did pack it well, and have shipped seats Internationally before without issue, but ultimately, the buyer made the choice to ship without insurance.