Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1969 911 T engine

I restored my first 911 in 1977, 46 years ago and I’m still doing it. I have rebuilt at least 40 356-912 motors. It is more fun to drive fast in a slow car than slow in a fast car, that will never change. That is why I sold my Alfa 4C and mostly use my converted 912 for track although it is still street registered. One thing about 912s is that everybody wants to race you but you dont for obvious reasons, fun fun fun. 356s get respect, even from police. I have a pile of 912 crankcases with pounded out bearing saddles, those are true boat anchors. I strongly recommend a full flow oil filter, that stock bypass filter is just window dressing. My daily driver is a 2006 Scion xB that has way better balance and handling than any stock 912, not even close. As for maturing, no thanks. Now someone buy this fine motor.
    Last edited by 66S; 01-23-2023 at 02:29 PM.

Would you put it on a pallet and ship?

I like U have owned many Sport Cars over the past years. Began w/ TR-6, '64 XKE 3.8 L Coupe, Alfa 2.0 L Spyder Veloce, BMW 524 td (work), DINAN BMW 535i then the Porsches.
    I enjoyed all of them equally while owned. Only the TR-6 and 535i were purchased from new.

Marvel former R-Gruppe

The engine will be strapped to a pallet and can be picked up at a commercial location with a forklift
    The size is 42 x 48 The weight is around 400 pounds.
    Shipped from NY
    Their companies specialize in shipping engines.
    Last edited by DR911S; 01-25-2023 at 02:48 AM.

It’s still available
    Check the shipping for somebody that was interested
    I looked up and got a quote online looked like it ran about 400 to ship from New York to California
    In the post before this I have the size and weight so you can check shipping to your location if you’re interested in purchasing it

Still available

Spring time bump