Thread: Switching wipers to park on the other side

Switching wipers to park on the other side

Maybe it's easy, or maybe it's not!

How can you change where the wipers park themselves?

Photos prior to restoration show the June 1965 911 sat with wipers parked on the passenger side, which appears to be the consensus on here for the correct position. Some how post restoration they were installed, work properly and park themselves on the driver side.

I understand wiper arms will be swapped. But since the motor always finishes with a final movement towards the driver side and parks there, there needs to be a change to either the motor or linkage. Before diving in I thought I'd ask the experts!

Does any one know what needs to be done to switch the car's wiper motor assembly so wipers park on the passenger side?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by bonzer5; 11-21-2022 at 09:18 AM.
    Early 911S Registry #2990

Quote Originally Posted by bonzer5 View Post
    Maybe it's easy, or maybe it's not!

How can you change where the wipers park themselves?

Photos prior to restoration show the June 1965 911 sat with wipers parked on the passenger side, which appears to be the consensus on here for the correct position. Some how post restoration they were installed, work properly and park themselves on the driver side.

I understand wiper arms will be swapped. But since the motor always finishes with a final movement towards the driver side and parks there, there needs to be a change to either the motor or linkage. Before diving in I thought I'd ask the experts!

Does any one know what needs to be down to switch the car's wiper motor assembly so wipers park on the passenger side?

Thanks in advance!
    you need the later (68-)wiper motor..i`d say

Thanks man! Right now the wipers park on the driver side, like the later cars. So I don't think a newer wiper motor assembly is the solution.

The car likely has the same wiper assembly as found on the car prior to resto (when the wipers parked on the right.)

Can something be changed on these wiper motor assemblies so we can park the wipers on the passenger side?

at the motor
    the linkage piece that attaches to the motor
    remove nut. pry off linkage' off
    with battery. bump the motor to desired location
    reattach linkage

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    at the motor
    the linkage piece that attaches to the motor
    remove nut. pry off linkage' off
    with battery. bump the motor to desired location
    reattach linkage
    That is how I did it long time ago.

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

Right on! Thanks so much fellas for the help!!!!!