Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help recaro gurus: sport seat slider question

help recaro gurus: sport seat slider question

i scored some newly refurbished early recaro (non-headrest) sport seats by tony at autobahn. i also have some tilt base w/sliders. my question is, i can’t seem to find or feel the holes beneath the seats to mount the sliders too.

i heard you just tap holes and run a few metal screws to the bottom frames. is this true? i may tap and thread new holes but wanted to get confirmation here first before i tear into these.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1967 911 - #308439
    1971 911 - 3.6 hotrod aka Vader
    1989 911 - Carrera Cabriolet

I sent you a pm. I just went through the same thing

This looks odd.
    Usually you have the liders on the Seat (-68) with sheetmetal screws. But then you'd have the lever on the seat as well (which you don't have according to the picture)
    (I have a set of sliders with the lever for 1 Seat)
    or
    you'd have the tabs on the bottom for the later brackets.

Which brackets do you have?

i have these sliders and bases…
    1967 911 - #308439

Quote Originally Posted by G50911 View Post
    my question is, i can’t seem to find or feel the holes beneath the seats to mount the sliders too.
    Try pressing harder with your thumb. You should be able to feel the holes.
    You don't need to drill or tap any new holes as the original holes should still be there. Here are a couple of pictures to give you an idea what the frames look like.

But it seems to me that the vinyl on the lower bolsters need to be dismantled because the fore-aft lever is missing.

Name:  sport seat frames copy.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  94.3 KB
    Name:  67ss.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  100.3 KB

EDIT:
    I did not see the picture of your sliders just now. Ask Tony as nobody knows what he did to your seat bottom frames. I don't think they can be tapped anyway.

i have these sliders and bases…
    Well these will be problematic to fit to the seats anyway. as they are not the original recaro sliders to the seats.
    You can see that the tab where the lever is fixed protrudes but the seat is flat - you'd need to shim that. And the holes will probably be at another position
    Are the seats genuine Recaros, or d'eser repops?
    Last edited by uai; 11-28-2022 at 05:49 AM.

i scored some newly refurbished early recaro (non-headrest) sport seats by tony at autobahn. i also have some tilt base w/sliders. my question is, i can’t seem to find or feel the holes beneath the seats to mount the sliders too.

i heard you just tap holes and run a few metal screws to the bottom frames. is this true? i may tap and thread new holes but wanted to get confirmation here first before i tear into these.
    Hello,

I think your seats are 67er Sport seats ( congrats ), which lost their complete character after the recovering. The levers for the forward/backward function are missing. The bases for the levers are still there, you see them on the right side of the frame near the second belt. So what you need are the levers with the arresting nose, then the right sliders and afterwards the right bracket. To mount the levers you have to decover the seats in that area. If you want more informations about your seats please send a pm.

I hope I could help a little bit
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by 911int View Post
    Hello,

I think your seats are 67er Sport seats ( congrats ), which lost their complete character after the recovering.
    thanks michael. can you explain what you mean by losing their character? i realize the photo has them flipped upside down.

also uai, yes these are genuine recaros, not repops.
    1967 911 - #308439

So you're missing this plus 2 springs another lever and the little locking tabs + screws
    Name:  IMG_8803.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  85.3 KB

uai, i have those. here’s another pic
    1967 911 - #308439