Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Z-Anträge

Z-Anträge

Hello, investigating a little the "programs" that I have visualized in some construction sheets, I would like to ask if anyone knows the programs? Z-Antragge? Does anyone know how many or where they can be viewed or can we only see what we see in some construction sheets? It doesn't seem to me that I see any document where the Z-antrage are detailed for your order. So, how were these programs offered to the customer? Are the Z-antrage "special wishes" orders from Porsche?
    Can someone shed some light on this matter... Greetings.

"Für die USA existiert ein einziges Cabriolet aus dem Modelljahr 1984 mit I491. Weitere, in deren internen Cardex die Option 491 nicht gelistet ist, die aber alle Insignien des originalen Turbo-Look tragen, sind im Register dokumentiert. Gleiches gilt für die RdW (Rest der Welt) Fahrzeuge dieses Modelljahres. Es ist dokumentiert, dass diese Autos per Z-Antrag (code mit 5 Stellen) in der Sonderwunsch-Abteilung im Werk1 entstanden, denn alle bekannten Autos haben Z-Anträge in ihren Geburtsurkunden vermerkt. (Ein Auto ohne eine Z-Order im Cardex kann folglich kein Werks- Turbo-Look sein)"
    https://www.turbo-look.de/facts/911-carrera-3-2/
    Baudett

To my knowledge, Z-antrag means "Zusätlich-Antrag", or Additionnal request. There was a special field in the order form where it was possible to ask for anything.
    Porsche would then study the feasibility and answered, with a price if positive answer. If the customer agreed, the car was ordered with the Z-order.
    Most of the details can be seen into the PET, since around 1985, I think.
    By definition, there is not a unique list of Z-orders, but some were quite classical, like deviating color stitching by example.

your information is appreciated. I thought the Z programs they were already established**** In the case of the Doctor's vehicle (internal leather order, etc), that Z had an assigned number 42. Was that number fixed over time or did it only respond to that "doctor's" order? I have seen other Z's that are much higher...so I thought they started from a list and in order from lowest to highest, not from "customer wishes"... So... this list was restarted every year ? Is there any way to keep records of this? Porsche studio can have those Z Or were there Z that only worked the "factory" and other Z (like skins) in which porsche studio worked? Somewhat complicated questions!!
    zr antrag 42 wants to talk about the preparation of skins etc... or does it include the entire doctor's order and is it the name "received"? Until now I thought that antrag 42 was talking about the skin, etc., but I note that to review that, number 220 is indicated
    https://www.early911sregistry.org/fo...r-Sale/page235

My understanding is that the 042 means that this was the 42nd special order of the 1973 model-year.

I have not been able to see so many examples of Z-antrage as to be able to say something about it!. If I want to leave this document here and ask... what is meant by this circular from Porsche? Could vehicles be "officially" retrofitted in the sports department and not be noted?
    "In all cases, the car is transferred to the ag sports department after the completion of its production...Once completed it is sent to the AG delivery department (what does this mean? is AG one place or is it all dealers? ) Then, ready to load or pick up (so we are talking about the factory, am I correct? I understand that here I would have to see the versandart number, load or pick up. I understand then that this document tells us that the 911 and the Rs could be retrofitted with 471/472 at the request of the Distributor or GI (I don't know what it means). At the request of the distributor, why? What would be the case? Did an owner who asked for a 911 or an Rs come up with the idea of ​​equipping it with those characteristics? This document says "They cannot be taken into account either in the ordering system or in the Z programs" From what I understand they are "different" things
    These conversions to later include(etc...)

When they say special facilities we talk about Werks? And how would this retrofitting on that vehicle be recorded? Does the construction sheet accompany the vehicle to the "special facilities" to write down the things that are done or is this document saying that none of these modifications would be reflected in that construction sheet?
    as always...forgive this "English" rubbish...

Name:  Screenshot_2022-11-22-12-34-16-496_com.android.chrome.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  59.6 KB

The Z-order were used to order the car, but it was possible to modify it after delivery, like the internal document that you are showing indicates. In this case, it means that it was possible to have the car modify by the sport department, at Weissach.
    I don't know if the build card of the car was modify accordingly. It may depends if it still was under warranty or not.

As the document mentions, these modifications are made before delivery. But it is well known, in the sports modifications appendix it says that preparing the vehicle for rally or circuit "voided the warranty". These modifications that are made in Weissach (thanks for the information I didn't know) that include rally headlights etc... it also says preparation for sports activities so I would understand that it would not be under warranty even though these modifications are made by itself factory before delivery.
    Also, what does the warranty have to do with it? Thank you very much for "talking" about this topic! Salds

Just to ensure this information... The Z-programm or Z_Antrage were not reflected in the construction BOOK? In that book the M code appears, information on the construction of the vehicle, etc... But, if the Z-antrage is ordered from new... Why was it not shown next to the options in the respective line of the vehicle? In any case, did the Porsche "porsche design" department have anything to do with some Z program? Or was it a department that worked completely away from the production or "complementation" of the vehicles?
    I have to review the z programm that I saw of the skins, I think that there he had participated.

from Starkey's book.... I have to keep looking but are we (those connoisseurs of this data) sure that the Z-antrage was unique by order and owner?
    Chassis Number: 9113600328
    Engine Number: –
    Transmission Number: 7931014
    Model Country: 100
    Colour: 223811
    Conversion: 491
    Equipment: 220
    Miscellaneous: Z-No. 077: special transmission
    -------
    Chassis Number: 9113600307
    Engine Number: 7931013
    Transmission Number:
    Model Country: 100
    Colour: 999911
    Equipment:
    Miscellaneous: Z-No. 077: special transmission, Ossi-blue with red lettering

Starkey, John. Porsche 911R-RS-RSR: Revised & Enlarged 4th Edition .

As I appreciate the information compiled by Starkey in that book, if the Z-Antrage could be repeated.
    https://pbase.com/archive_racing_por...mage/169152232

Factory vehicles R3 and R4 if I am correct?
    r1 r2 r5 had this same Z-antrage? Or did they not have a "special transmission"?

+

No facotry 100
    Chassis Number: 9113600659
    Engine Number: 6630107
    Transmission Number: 7931018
    Model Country: SZ
    Colour: 626211
    Equipment: 220
    Miscellaneous: Black lettering. Z-No. 074: special transmission

Chassis Number: 9113601411
    Engine Number: 6930009
    Transmission Number: 7630543
    Model Country: OR
    Colour: 999999
    Conversion: 472
    Equipment: 650 651 422 568 419
    Miscellaneous: Z-No. 074, Z-No. 104, silver-white, red leather, black roof-liner. Supplied to Louise Piech. 2.9 litre engine and sportomatic transmission. Date: 5/1973

same Z-antrage in a vehicle for the family. Model Country OR. This answers one of my questions. There were vehicles for the family, etc. that had a country model "out of the factory"... I think.

288 and 285 100 Handler safari share the same Z-antrage. I can think that being the factory who "makes the vehicle" as an "individual" could repeat the Z-antrage but vehicle 9113600659 is not for the factory and has the same Z-antrage as the family vehicle.
    Last edited by _gonbau; 12-19-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Do we know of any vehicles that have gone through the "post-modification" process in Weissach?