Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFI Metal Fuel Line Buffer Material

MFI Metal Fuel Line Buffer Material

On my ‘71E, the MFI metal lines from the engine bay pump to the injectors had metal clamps with some sort of rubber pad between it and the lines. It looks like this buffer was originally installed before the lines were flared since it appears to be a solid piece on all 6 individual lines. My new lines didn’t come with this buffer and I need to find a suitable material to replicate it with.

What are people using on new MFI lines to provide a buffer between the individual lines and the 2 metal clamps that held the lines together?

I was looking at some sort of rubber fuel line but wasn’t sure if there was a better alternative.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063

Look at them carefully, I could swear they are actually split.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Is this what you are talking about? If so, 4 required, and yes there is a split so you can put the fuel line in before bolting to support. P/N 916-110-330-00, 4 required + 8 Pan Head screws, 3X22 and an M3 nut. On my '69s, all 6 lines are individual, not clamped together.
    Bob B

Name:  Picture 040.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  49.3 KB

Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

No, I’m talking about the metal clips that are close to the MFI pump. Theses clips hold the metal lines in groups of 3 as they exit the MFI pump.

Stretch

Name:  53208BC6-70C7-423C-B5D7-EC26DE2A68B1.jpeg
Views: 238
Size:  58.0 KB
    Registry # 3063

I have to agree with Ed.

Carpoint.de has the rubber and metal clips.....

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    The plastic buffers around each cylinder distribution pipe were solid. When I restore I carefully cut each with a razor knife and when reinstalling just carefully position each buffer and clamp them together, never to be seen by human eyes. The split can’t be seen. I use the 73 sales brochure to position clamps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    A few more pix.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Well, I don't think this is what you are talking about, but maybe it will work for you. So here is what they look like on my '69S.
    P/N 901 110 332 00, "clamping piece".
    Name:  Picture 042.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  49.7 KB
    Name:  Picture 041.jpg
Views: 205
Size:  33.1 KB
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 12-05-2022 at 11:35 PM.

Bob,

Those are cool and would work well if I could find some. I guess they changed the design on the 2.2?

I was able to carefully cut the old ones off my old MFI lines with a hobby knife as suggested so I’ll see how they work tomorrow on the new lines. If they don’t work, I’ll either look for the ‘69 clamps or try to find the rubber insulators on car point.

Stretch
    Registry # 3063