Thread: 68-73 Wishbone control arm connectors

68-73 Wishbone control arm connectors

I recently purchased a '68 911T targa in pieces. Literally 1,000 parts like a jigsaw puzzle.

I'm going through the suspension parts and realized the control arm is unique to this year. It should look like the top pic.

Instead, my parts are missing the rubber and connectors on each end. See second pic. Maybe the rubber had degraded and these connector parts slipped off when they were removed. Not sure. I do have the bracket that goes on the control arm toward the front. What I'm missing are the rubber pieces (x4) and the metal connectors (x2) that attach each part to the front axle support. Since these were part of the assembly, I can't purchase these piece parts seperately.

I can purchase the entire l/r control arm for $200 ea...or try to find the missing pieces. I'm sure I can find a suitable rubber piece that could work as the bushing. What I really need are the 2 metal connectors on the tail end of the control arm. Since it looks like similar parts were used on the control arms from 68-73, maybe someone has got a couple of these hanging around?

If I can find the metal parts, I'll also ask for info on what the rubber pieces look like so I can recreate them. Or maybe someone knows an off-the-shelf equivalent that would work?

Thanks, in advance.

Chad Collins
    chad@[last name]consultinginc dot com
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chad

I have those pieces. PM me with your email for pics and price.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

Tom, thanks. I don't think I can PM...either not a full member yet or not enough activity on the board. I don't seem to have that option. You can reach me chad@[last name]consultinginc dot com. Thanks, Chad Collins.

member #1515
    Before you start putting everything together you might want to verify that you don't have any hidden rust. Looks like you may have some in the front trunk area.
    The torsion bar bushings are available from many suppliers.
    Where are you located?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

It might be constructive for you to include the most relevant illustration from the parts manual that shows the parts you seek. I have a ton of that stuff, and I'm happy to help if I know exactly what you want/need.

Thanks, everyone. There is a place where one arm has rusted through, but structurally it's a sound part. I've attached the exploded view of the suspension and circled the parts I'm missing. As you can see, they are part of the arm assy and don't have seperate callouts for the connectors. That's why I'm asking the community for help...not sure where to purchse these particular items.

I have the bracket on the north side. But there is a rubber bushing on both sides AND the south-side metal connectors that I'm missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have all those pieces in good shape. Feel free o email me. Automotivefanatec@gmail.com