Thread: Mirror Mirror

Mirror Mirror

Looking for a crappy 1968 rear view mirror stalk. If i tried to find a nice one, it would not be as nice as i want anyway...............
    Happy New Year !!!!
    thanks bob

Quote Originally Posted by bob joyce View Post
    Looking for a crappy 1968 rear view mirror stalk. If i tried to find a nice one, it would not be as nice as i want anyway...............
    Happy New Year !!!!
    thanks bob
    well...no need to go for a crappy 68 stalk... many mercedes use this stalk even the ones with rubberized surface will work...take off the rubber and voila ...the surface is usually like the skin of a new born baby you may need to trim off a bit excess material from casting..
    or go for the chromed version and give it a medium blast for frosted `68 looks...

but if you still want a crappy 68...pm me

I do fine when i have dimensions or plans to follow but I can't look at a picture and tell what I am really looking at.
    I read some threads on rebuilding and swapping pieces for this 1968 mirror, but it seemed anecdotal and inconclusive as to what was what. I remember comments like "close fit, shorter,etc.
    so i don't know what exact model fill the bill.
    I got lucky on the bracket(hopefully) because I searched the term that were given me and then closed my eyes and pulled the trigger.
    I will try to search again
    I see pictures of the mirrors and cant tell what is what..
    ... If i had to guess I would think that it is a blasted finish that is "flash chromed" at the factory. Thus not really shinny.
    Or maybe a clear zinc.
    Any way Happy New Year ALL.
    bob

Bob

Come by my house. I'll give you 2 or 3. They aren't really crappy, though.

PS: You and I may be the only 2 people on this forum that actually live in El Sobrante

Hey Bob

This is about as crappy as I can come up with.............

Come and get it.

Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks Jim ... Let me know when. Iam here all the time. so, i am EASY to reach.
    Happy New Year
    bob

Jim, your fingernails have turned beautiful ...an other positive side-effect of retirement i guess.

happy new year
    franz

There you go, Jim ... If you think you've been around so long that nothing is new ... When was the last time someone praised your finger nails?

Quote Originally Posted by mshaver51 View Post
    There you go, Jim ... If you think you've been around so long that nothing is new ... When was the last time someone praised your finger nails?
    Not quite sure how to respond to that. Franz is very detailed oriented, though. Happy New Year to all!

Jim

i think what it is. is that franz has a keen eye/understanding of these early Porsche cars. and jim is part of this Porsche realm. thus, the comment