Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: Porsche 928 flag mirrors

what i noticed on early flag mirrors is that the rubber thingie has different surface texture...and if i remember correctly there is no drain hole(or maybe on a different location).
    of course the electric internals also have gone through changes over the years.... going to my warehouse later today and if i`m in the mood i will dig in the flag mirror pile...flag mirrors are almost like rear targa glass....shelf warmers par excellence

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Berg View Post
    Jim, you will have the numbers tomorrow ! and I have 1976 Turbo as well 928 78 made summer of 77 one 78 made in JAN ! but the one I post is from a 76 Turbo ROW model car.
    Mikael

I'm not quite sure what the pictures have to do with our "discussion", but you did manage to post a picture of an actual 911 RH mirror, whether you know it or not .

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 01-05-2023 at 09:58 AM.

Jim, will make new pictures, and part numbers,, I know 100% they are of a 1976 Turbo Row ! and we work on this can of cars for a long time! and will find some 928 mirrors in the store! just for fun and get the ball out of my corner Jim!

Jim was correct,, this is type A 928 flag mirrors relay early type 5 cables, so probably for a 77-79 car serie 1
    Last edited by Mikael Berg; 02-07-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Jim, will make new pictures, and part numbers,, I know 100% they are of a 1976 Turbo Row ! and we work on this can of cars for a long time! and will find some 928 mirrors in the store! just for fun and get the ball out of my corner Jim!
    So, you’re going to take pictures if a different set of mirrors? I’m OK with that.

Jim

Mikael

I'm still waiting........................................... .................................................. ...............

Mikael, let’s get this cleared up. Thinking I should close this thread and then you can start over. Let me know.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Have bean a busy week ! will see if I can go to the store in the week end ? Sorry Jim

P.s Peter give us some more weeks ! we will sort this out ! I think it is interesting for guys that all Flag mirrors are not the same ! we have 928 mirrors from 77,,cars made 77 ! and from later ones,, and so on.

Hi Jim,

Yes did not have time, will try this week! sorry, we have minus - 5, and windy and snowy, I have 80 km to the store and need to be in the shop, but will try !

Thanks

Yep, you are correct it is 928 mirrors Jim !

Hi Jim,

Yep, you are correct it is 928 mirrors., went out to the garages and was checking the numbers on the white mirrors, because I know I had an old Gold color mirror that we removed from a 1975 Turbo because it was not correct for 1975.

So the following part numbers

White 928.731.023.05 40163 FL
    white 928.731.024.06 40166. why I was so sure about them we removed the from a 1976 Turbo and just 5 cables.

Gold 911.731.023.00. and rubber marking III EI 17055.

So sorry guys, but have not sold them before the last check for this prices, and good work Jim and Thanks,always good with extra eyes!

Thanks

fl-1.jpg

fl-2.jpg

fl-5.jpg

fl-3.jpg

Hi Jim,

Yep, you are correct it is 928 mirrors., went out to the garages and was checking the numbers on the white mirrors, because I know I had an old Gold color mirror that we removed from a 1975 Turbo because it was not correct for 1975.

So the following part numbers

White 928.731.023.05 40163 FL
    white 928.731.024.06 40166. why I was so sure about them we removed the from a 1976 Turbo and just 5 cables.

Gold 911.731.023.00. and rubber marking III EI 17055.

So sorry guys, but have not sold them before the last check for this prices, and good work Jim and Thanks,always good with extra eyes!

Thanks

fl-1.jpg

fl-2.jpg

fl-5.jpg

fl-3.jpg
    Can you reissue this ad with a correct title and description to go along with the photos and then I can delete this confusing ad?
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100