Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delivery Times

The dates I have (I don't have my construction sheet) come from the Porsche France system as January 19 (via email they told us the coa of the vehicle), Porsche Spain indicates January 1 by email (coa via email) jurguen indicates January 25 and the porsche file according to construction sheet january 1, i also have another date, 720101 that comes from the porsche record book.

And what will it change if it was delivered the 1st (very unlikely) or the 31st of January 1972, or any day in between?

Porsche France has to ask Porsche AG for such an old vehicle and they usually provide the invoice date, which is the day the car was considered as finished at the factory.

It seems to me an interesting piece of information to clarify since I do not have my construction sheet, I would like to have these dates clear.... so... the date of the logbook is an (invented) date so as not to cause problems in the b.d and the "delivery" date is 19.... the 25th is delivered to the customer. This is what is meant by dates? The other day I read the story of a dealer (I think I read it in this forum) who had written down a date at the end of the year on the invoice... it won't have anything to do with it in this case but since the dates are strange to me... ..who knows. I suppose that a vehicle is finalized on January 1, it does not change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Just to give you an example, of my Hahn (Fellbach) delivered 928 CS:
    - Invoiced the 18th of March 1988 (a Friday)
    - Start of the original warranty 28th of March 1988 (a Monday)
    - Official first date of registration on the car, 28th of March 1988.

The invoice date is usually the date used by the factory to tell the completion date of a car and the start of the warranty the date at which it was delivered to it's first owner.

So, 10 days to transport the car from Zuffenhausen to Fellbach, prepare the car and wait for the customer to take possession of the car, including two weekends.
    5 or 6 days in working days.

For your car, I tend to believe that it was invoiced the 19th (A Wednesday) and delivered the 22nd (a Saturday) or 25th (a Tuesday) of January 1972. That's short in working days.
    What is the first date of registration on your car's registration document?

But all in all, don't overthink on such subject as dates on a car's production/delivery.
    Sometimes it is worth thinking about. At one time the U.K. annual road licence had a cut off for historic vehicles at the end of calendar 72. When the historic scheme was first introduced the licensing office wanted to collect a charge based on my 911 being a 73 car because that’s when they first recorded my car as brand new on their records. Being an annual vehicle licence if unchallenged that charge would have recurred each year — however with reference to the auftrag-fahzeug, the factory’s tech spec book that gives the last vin of 72 and other detailed references I have from the GB sole concessionaire I was able to get it correctly assigned as 1972 manufacture. Went along to local licensing office which was conveniently in my town and presented the case with a pile of compelling evidence. They accepted its production date being calendar 72 based on my proof — rather than date first used that they’d picked up on their system.

The historic vehicle scheme’s qualifying date changed after about a decade to include younger cars so in the grand scheme of costs the cumulative few thousand quid wasn’t a massive saving but was disproportionately pleasing to see zero vehicle licence charge each year on the letter (After all colloquially it’s called “road tax” in U.K. we because we don’t pay road tolls other than a few exceptions).

So thinking about such stuff can pay off

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 02-01-2023 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    Just to give you an example, of my Hahn (Fellbach) delivered 928 CS:
    What is the first date of registration on your car's registration document?

But all in all, don't overthink on such subject as dates on a car's production/delivery.
    Are you referring to the dates of the Spanish documentation of the vehicle? The vehicle was registered in 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by 911MRP View Post
    Sometimes it is worth thinking about. At one time the U.K. annual road licence had a cut off for historic vehicles at the end of calendar 72. When the historic scheme was first introduced the licensing office wanted to collect a charge based on my 911 being a 73 car because that’s when they first recorded my car as brand new on their records. Being an annual vehicle licence if unchallenged that charge would have recurred each year — however with reference to the auftrag-fahzeug, the factory’s tech spec book that gives the last vin of 72 and other detailed references I have from the GB sole concessionaire I was able to get it correctly assigned as 1972 manufacture. Went along to local licensing office which was conveniently in my town and presented the case with a pile of compelling evidence. They accepted its production date being calendar 72 based on my proof — rather than date first used that they’d picked up on their system.

The historic vehicle scheme’s qualifying date changed after about a decade to include younger cars so in the grand scheme of costs the cumulative few thousand quid wasn’t a massive saving but was disproportionately pleasing to see zero vehicle licence charge each year on the letter (After all colloquially it’s called “road tax” in U.K. we because we don’t pay road tolls other than a few exceptions).

So thinking about such stuff can pay off

Steve
    interesting fact regarding GB. Here in Tenerife, any vehicle over 25 years old is exempt from paying "circulation tax"

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    It seems to me an interesting piece of information to clarify since I do not have my construction sheet, I would like to have these dates clear.... so... the date of the logbook is an (invented) date so as not to cause problems in the b.d and the "delivery" date is 19.... the 25th is delivered to the customer. This is what is meant by dates? The other day I read the story of a dealer (I think I read it in this forum) who had written down a date at the end of the year on the invoice... it won't have anything to do with it in this case but since the dates are strange to me... ..who knows. I suppose that a vehicle is finalized on January 1, it does not change anything.

Rather doubt dealers were taking delivery of individual cars from the factory nor was the factory shipping cars individually. Wouldn’t have been cost effective. Explains some of the delays in dates. Cars were being produced on a date, sat on the factory lots until a large order was completed and ready for shipment to major distributors (NA) or individual dealerships (easier to do within Con. Europe).
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Quote Originally Posted by 70SATMan View Post
    Rather doubt dealers were taking delivery of individual cars from the factory nor was the factory shipping cars individually. Wouldn’t have been cost effective. Explains some of the delays in dates. Cars were being produced on a date, sat on the factory lots until a large order was completed and ready for shipment to major distributors (NA) or individual dealerships (easier to do within Con. Europe).

Could "short dates" be explained...with a collection at the factory? I don't know my Versandart, maybe the kommit was related?
    +
    "according to what I observe in the starkey images of the rs no."
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-01-2023 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by _gonbau View Post
    Could "short dates" be explained...with a collection at the factory? I don't know my Versandart, maybe the kommit was related?
    +
    "according to what I observe in the starkey images of the rs no."
    Hahn at Fellbach was 11 km away from the factory so they may collected the cars directly for the customer. This the reason why I gave you my car as an example.
    Last edited by 928cs; 02-02-2023 at 07:31 AM.

yes correct, but perhaps the example, ten years later some things have changed! then picked up in hahn a couple of days after completion at the factory so it will be noted....i'm saying all this because a family friend told me that fend had picked up a porsche at the factory, but they didn't know if it was this one. thanks for the info!
    Even if it wasn't this same car, those words that they told me make me see that perhaps he had the habit of picking them up there himself.... if he picked up one, why not the others.
    I understand, this can be solved by Versandart, if I can see it one day... In the compilation book sheet that number is not shown in my case.
    Although in the Starkey compilations yes with respect to the rs... it seems curious to me that in the starkey vehicles in the image, the rs, all those that were delivered in distributors were versandart 5... that, or the number next to it of the kommit in the images starkey does not tell us about the versandart.
    Of the versandart, which would a German person use to pick up the vehicle outside the factory, if it were not ex factory? Did that possibility exist?
    At what point is the versandart indicated? Is it indicated together with the kommit number? Are they created "at the same moment"? On the sheet that the customer asks the dealer to order his vehicle, there he must indicate where he wants to pick up his vehicle or, as a rule, would it be picked up at the dealership where it was ordered?
    +
    versandart is indicated from the beginning, in the initial order form
    Name:  657.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  124.8 KB
    Last edited by _gonbau; 02-09-2023 at 11:15 AM.