Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lift do you use?

Question What lift do you use?

Something like this? I need something. If anything to get this soft tires off the ground. Flat spots suck. Plus it would be nice not to have to get floor jacks and jackstands out,

https://www.toolots.com/ng-frontend/...8aApULEALw_wcB
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

I would suggest against lifting a 911 like that. Why put all that weight on the floors? I'd be worried they will bend/dent/crush.

I was thought they were used before. Seems I have see pictures of them. The way I see it, is there is plenty of contact surface. I want something I can drive up on and get it at least high enough to change the oil, etc. Tired of dragging around jacks and stands.

Early S #2059

That lift should be ok. Wouldn’t lift it flat like that though. Place some rubber blocks in the normal lifting location and you’ll be fine
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

I had a 4-post BendPak in one home and in my last home I installed a mid-rise scissor lift into the floor- another BendPak. Both were excellent lifts. In the garage we are awaiting for plan approval on now we are going with a 2-post asymmetrical arm lift- probably by BendPak.

As we used to be a heavily agricultural area, my garage has a root cellar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cairo94507 View Post
    I had a 4-post BendPak in one home and in my last home I installed a mid-rise scissor lift into the floor- another BendPak. Both were excellent lifts. In the garage we are awaiting for plan approval on now we are going with a 2-post asymmetrical arm lift- probably by BendPak.
    Thank you all for the advise. I will check out BendPak!

Early S #2059

I have a BendPak, using 110v. Works great. They don't deliver to homes - unless there is already a forklift at the destination. So we rented a truck, they put the lift on the truck with a fork lift. The lift is all bundled/strapped into one long rectangle. We undid the strapping in the truck and figured we'd take one piece off at a time. This was three pretty strong guys. Wow. It was heavier than we planned.

I am now looking for another lift. This is for our 1,000 pound race car. We're hoping to find a less heavy duty one. But no luck yet. Another BendPak will work fine.

One thing of note, the cost of the lift has more than doubled since we bought it a few years before COVID. Ugh.

Is there not anything that has not gone up? Shipping has gone crazy!!! Do not "screw up" and order the wrong things... Shipping back.. it is almost tempting to throw it away!

I have a fairly large tractor with a front end loader and a fork lift attachment. I think it will pick up 3K at least. Also have a heavy duty trailer to haul it on if need be.

Thank you, Mr. Laifman, and the rest for your input.

Early S #2059

We have a Bend Pak four post. Works great. Do need a separate source of air (compressor) but not a big deal for most.
    Name:  Bend Pak.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  138.0 KB
    69 911S #1379
    65 356 SC #130757