Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What lift do you use?

I use Atlas 9000 lb 2 post lifts by Greg Smith Equipment in Atlanta Ga. I have bought 4 of them over the years. Never an issue. $2k each. Before Covid
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

When you can’t have lift uprights in the way, I have this Snap on movable lift. It has arms, not just a platform. Similar to the BendPac, but much move rugged. Heavier gauge steel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If it's to get the tires off the floor, why not use a QuickJack - I bought one from Costco, delivered to the house and I use it every winter to work on my car. It's just high enough to get the transmission and engine out with a lift table cart, and you can hang it on a wall or move it under the center of the car when you don't use it. I don't have enough ceiling height for a full two or four post lift.

I had a max jax. It was nice. Now I have one of these.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 02-02-2023 at 06:06 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    When you can’t have lift uprights in the way, I have this Snap on movable lift. It has arms, not just a platform. Similar to the BendPac, but much move rugged. Heavier gauge steel.
    Now I like that. You can actually get under it to work on it. And that was part of it. Being able to service it. And I have two floor jacks and several jackstands. I just have gotten old and lazy.

Chris Pomares, yea planning on building a shop. One of those would be nice and you can pick up a good used one for cheap. Love your wall decor!
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Maybe you can get under it. I can't see that here in California I'd get under that!

Even with the BendPak and all its clicks, I feel like I still would like a manual peg that I slide through, or something, before getting under.

Not scared of Snap On products. And you should see what is inside it!!!

Going to give my Snap On dealer a call. Thanks Rick! I wonder how long it will take to pay that off at $50 a week... LMAO!

Name:  20201110_174634.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  99.2 KB
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

I paid $1500 for the used lift and $800 for transport and install.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

I hate to think what they get for those now. My unit was bought on a “Special” price promotion at $3500 15 years ago.

Not a lift but as used by the race team to hold race cars aloft; soliton used for a number of years. Here in garage Teloche in 73. Somehow doubt it would pass health and safety rules these days so not recommending them but these did the job back in the day it seems. Not sure what size timber and what fasteners they used to make them, doubt they published local construction plans.

Name:  C1FCBC23-5569-47EE-98F1-599AB6F98E8C.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  97.7 KB