Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have history info on my 911T?

Anyone have history info on my 911T?

Hi all, just bought a 71 911T with VIN 9111120590. Curious if anyone has any leads on who may have owned this bad girl beforehand?

Created a new thread for your inquiry. Good luck with your search!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Thanks Peter! Much appreciated. And if it helps here's a recent shot of her

Name:  Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 2.39.15 PM.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  63.6 KB

What would probably help more than a single picture of a dark colored car is more detailed information than just the VIN. Like, where and when you bought the car. Any history that you know of. What market the car is currently configured for besides what the single photo shows which may or may not be correct. Who knows, your car could have originally been ivory..

Of course someone ‘might’ have your car in a VIN database somewhere but odds are against.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Nice picture- Deer Creek? Wish I had an action shot with the ocean in the background like that.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Yes sir Peter, that's the listing I purchased. Sight unseen, definitely won't take that route in the future.

And Michael, unfortunately I have absolutely 0 history on this thing. No records of any kind were provided with the car. The glovebox is locked and I'm in the process of trying to track down a locksmith who can open it. Fingers crossed there's some records in there. The car is definitely wearing it's original paint.

If it is the original lock on the glovebox Porsche will be able to tell you the key code and you can get a key cut from the code
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Looks like the hood badge, front signal lenses, rear deck grill have been replaced.

Do you know the engine SN and type? I thought the yellow shrouds were a 2.4T MFI thang? I don’t think I’ve seen it before.

Also some wiring to sort looks like. Pans have taken a bit of a beating but looks Cali dry from what we can see. Special order black is sweet!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Thanks Michael! Yep, all those three were replaced. I'm attempting to take care of the core issues first and then I'll get around to the cosmetics. First thing I did after getting a post purchase inspection at Bauerwerks in Oakland was get the pans pulled and recoated at Re-union. Since then I've;
    - Replaced all shifter bushings (the rear shifter coupler was packed in duct tape)
    - Repaired the rusted out front battery compartments (right and left)
    - Repaired the rusted out back seats (right and left)
    - Installed the Dual Odyssey Battery Kit
    - Installed new Weber 40 IDA carbs (kept the original Zenith Tins to repair someday down the road)

I didn't realize black was a special order color, thanks for that! I believe most of the rust is accounted for at this point, fingers crossed. I've attached some photos of the engine SN (or what I believe to be - you'll have to bear with me, this is my first longhood and second 911).

Name:  IMG_6521.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  96.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6517.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  60.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_6516.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  63.0 KB