Thread: FS: Heuer Rallymaster - 1969 Porsche Factory rally car replica

FS: Heuer Rallymaster - 1969 Porsche Factory rally car replica

I bought this set from Victor back in 2014 and its had a prized place in my bookcase ever since. I've never mounted it and at this point I never will, so its time to let someone with a special car use these timers the way Heuer intended.

Here's what Victor had to say in his ad:

"This is no ordinary Rallymaster. This set is a carbon copy of the unique sets installed in the 1969 Porsche factory rally cars. An example of these special sets can be seen mounted on the dash of a '69 factory rally car at OnTheDash, the famous Heuer site, 3rd picture down:

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Mounted/

These sets are unique is a few ways - they have matt black cases and backplates but chrome crowns and pushers. The Monte Carlo dial is the later Tachymeter type with the word "Tachymeter" written on the dial - hard to see in the OnTheDash picture, but a bit of detective work has proven to myself that this dial is correct. The screws holding the set to the dash are different, these are generally domed head but on the Porsche, they are flat head. These details are all present in this set for sale.

About the actual clocks in this sale - they have been fully serviced by myself (watch maker/restorer by trade) and are running perfectly. They are in mint condition in every way possible. The backplate is Genuine Heuer.

As far as I know (and I have researched thoroughly), Heuers in this Porsche format have never been offered for sale before by anyone except myself, they would be a major talking point over a standard set of Heuers due to how unique to Porsche history this particular setup is."

The timers are still in absolutely perfect condition and do come with the 4 black screws to mount the backplate to the dash, although they are not pictured. Asking $6,000 including insured shipping in the US. They are expensive, but they are super cool and hard to replace.

Thanks for looking.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can bring the to Lit Show if anyone has an interest....

Did these come from heuer in satin black or were they modified as tribute pieces?

These are tribute pieces, and are extremely well done.

I’ll take ‘em. PM sent. John
    -------------------------------
    # 2477

Thanks John - PM Sent

These are SOLD.