Thread: Original Recaro Rallye I Seats with 'Knurled Screws'

Original Recaro Rallye I Seats with 'Knurled Screws'

Original Recaro Rallye I Thumb Screw Bucket Seats !!SOLD!!

Hi All,

I have a set of 1970 - 1972 period rallye seats for sale. The seats have the original upholstery with gorgeous patine. I believe the seats were not used very much or they have been taken very good care of. Seats in such a state are very rare in my opinion.

The knurled screw version is a more rare version compared to the basic rallye I seat. The set is complete with recaro sliders and D shaped headrests. The headrest are 1970-1971 period. One has corduroy the other one leatherette upholstery. If desired I do have two leatherette D shaped headrest if you prefer them to be matching. The recaro sliders have 1971 date codes so I presume the seats are 1971? One of the sliders is cut on the rear side this will not be a problem when mounting / using them.

The seats have several small flaws due to age and use (see pictures). The buckets are used but no cracks or dents. The knurled screw mechanism and hinges work perfectly. The seats are ready to mount and can be used as is.

The recaro knobs are original and in very good nice state.

Price : 7600$ both seats.
    International shipping available (approx 600$ )

Ps if you do not need the recaro sliders the price is 800$ less.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911E fan; 03-27-2023 at 04:19 AM.

Extra pictures

The last picture is a copy from the 70-71 Recaro Brochure shown the Rallye I seat with the 'knurled screw' or 'randelschraube' option

Opinions are very welcome. Questions also. Additional pictures on request.

Greetings

Adriaan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great looking set of hard to find (especially in this condition) Rallye 1s. Best of luck.
    1957 356A Cab Condor Yellow
    1970 911E Targa “CONDA G”
    1970 911T3.2 “Meatballs”
    1972 911T2.5 “AWBRGN”
    1972 911T Targa Glaserblau
    1976 911S Talbot Yellow

Very nice!!GLWS

Thank you Gentlemen for your nice comments.

On request a more detailed picture of the damaged seam. I would suggest to use this seat as a passenger seat. If desired the seats are also for sale separately. A common configuration is also a driver rallye seat with a standard or sport passenger seat.

Greetings AdriaanIMG_3314.jpgIMG_2567.jpg

Very cool seats!!!!

Hard to find seats! Especially in this complete condition. Ps combine the seats with an Autoflug rallye harness also for sale in this forum.

Reduced price 7200$

Hi

I did some more research on these:

Recaro bucket 13.25.00 RS lightweight style seats.

In Germany they are also called ‘randelschraube recaro seats and in the US ‘thumbscrews’ recaro seats..

They are complete, original and honest.

Have a good weekend everybody! SOLD!
    Last edited by 911E fan; 03-27-2023 at 04:18 AM.