Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here I go again: '74 Euro Carrera

Mike- I couldn't think of a better steward than you to do this restoration and get all the little details right that separate a good restoration from a great one. I saw the car and motor (which were separated) when I was at the shop for a visit and knew it was going to be special, and it certainly is. I can't wait to see it once completed.

Nick

PS Glad you have POM for this
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

Damn Mike! You all are doing a great job on this. Kudos to you for the research and for collecting supporting pieces. Can't wait to see it in person.

Congrats Michael, what a car ! Was the Blackwatch limited to the seat inserts ? Usually it carries on to the door cards & jump seats. Just love all the deets ! As an owner of a 74 G body car, my mantra has been " Don't backdate...Appreciate! "

Quote Originally Posted by NickP View Post
    Mike- I couldn't think of a better steward than you to do this restoration and get all the little details right that separate a good restoration from a great one. I saw the car and motor (which were separated) when I was at the shop for a visit and knew it was going to be special, and it certainly is. I can't wait to see it once completed.

Nick

PS Glad you have POM for this
    Thanks Nick, I went from POM when I started to OOM now. On a side note, Anna cracks up laughing every time anything to do with a 356 comes up.

Bill, what can I say? I'm not experiencing anything that you haven't already been through many times. I have new found sympathy for you.

JB, I only did it on the seat centers. I didn't see anything in Ryan's book that led me to believe it should have been anywhere else. Technically that exact fabric wasn't available until 1975 so I took some liberty there as nothing else seemed 'right'.

Damn dood, you have knocked it out of the park! Again! For a third time... Well done Mike. Always been partial to 74/75 Euro Carreras. Hope to go for a ride someday. I can think of a pretty winged bird that would make a great photo shoot with that car.
    Scott H.
    1969 Coupe LtWt
    1973.5 911T

Quote Originally Posted by t6dpilot View Post
    Damn dood, you have knocked it out of the park! Again! For a third time... Well done Mike. Always been partial to 74/75 Euro Carreras. Hope to go for a ride someday. I can think of a pretty winged bird that would make a great photo shoot with that car.
    Thanks Scott, any praise from you I always accept with gratitude. The winged bird is a picture that I promise to share here with everyone when it finally happens. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

is it by any chance the vin 0463 with engine 0629

Hey ibmiked, I always thought your white 912 was cool.....but this car is so much better, can't wait to see it out and about.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Exquisite work Mike as always. You build some great cars and this one is my fav so far.
    Frank..