Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat shrink tubing

Quote Originally Posted by SIMI BOB View Post
    Thanks to all. Some good information. I too would like to know the Wurth P/N if anyone has it.
    Bob B
    I put them in my original post on this subject.

I fitted Neoprene terminal sleeves when I redid the loom during my resto.

I can’t look at them at the moment for a part number, but you do need the three prong tool to put them on.

Maybe Kroon harnesses?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    https://www.beckergmbh-online.de/search?query=7004-100 different sizes available.
    applied with a tool called dreidornzange
    I use a lot of the neoprene tubes on the connectors, and using the 3-prong expanders is a learned technique; I lost a bit of blood the first week.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Quote Originally Posted by catelluseng View Post
    I put them in my original post on this subject.
    looks like also würth part# are different over here---metric left hand thread nuts pop up with this#s
    anyway i have my assortment already.
    just last week i brought a heavily butchered loom back to original...not tested yet LOL
    glad i invested a bit in professional tools and terminal assortment....nothing is more frustrating than getting stuck in the workflow because of the lack of equipage.
    dave-yes the 3pronge tool(dreidornzange) needs a bit of experiance but what i learned is that the neoprene sleves appear to age rather fast and loose there softness/flexibility.
    applying such aged sleves is a pain(mostly to the fingers) don`t buy NOS selves on ebay like i did--lesson learned.

if anyone now wants to acquire a 3 prong tool---hellermann is best imho....and use is not limited to sleves only...comes in handy when fiddeling cables through tight grommets etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    looks like also würth part# are different over here---metric left hand thread nuts pop up with this#
    Try https://eshop.wuerth.de/Produktkateg...gid/de/DE/EUR/

Quote Originally Posted by catelluseng View Post
    thanks catelluseng ...this stuff i already have--reordered recently but some diameters are in backorder

Moito, I just love pictures that show parts all organized in different containers. Years ago I bought about ten of the vertical bins with 30 or 40 small drawers and they line the wall on my work bench. Then I discovered these plastic bins from Harbor Freight. They love me because I own about 40 or 50 of them. This is a pic of just the Metric stuff. All of the bolts are German from my years of working on all of my VW Sedans. I used to send the nuts and washers out for plating but it took me a while to figure out it was cheaper to just buy new nuts and washers, so the guys at BELMETRIC also love me.

Name:  Picture 051.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  170.7 KB

Name:  Picture 050.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  53.2 KB

Also a pic of the SAE stuff

Name:  Picture 049.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  79.2 KB
    Bob B

should be able to find this tool...