Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 911 '69-'78 door window frame threaded press inserts

Quote Originally Posted by amallagh View Post
    Thanks, but who is JimmyT ? and how do I contact them ?
    You can search for JimmyT in the Community list and send a PM or search through his posts to see the variety of intricate parts he can provide.
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    You can search for JimmyT in the Community list and send a PM or search through his posts to see the variety of intricate parts he can provide.
    Cheers, done that now to see if he can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    JimmyT, may be a good go - to for these
    I've asked Jimmy but he doesn't make them currently. He might think about it if demand was there, but the 6 I need is unlikely to make it viable. Thanks for the lead in any case.

So I'm still looking for some used ones if anyone has any out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Call King of Trim. They had some made up and they worked good. They might have more or extras left over.
    Sent them an email on Sunday night as the contact page on their website wasn't working properly. Just waiting on a reply.

Hi, I fixed a frame very recently by "making" my own. I took an M8 regular nut, ground the hex shape until it was round, then made the knurling all around with a file so it would have some grip. Measured the nut diameter was close to 12mm. I oversized the hole in the frame a little (11.5mm) then press it in. If you don't focus on it you can't really say it's not OE. Plus where it is installed nobody will ever notice. 10-15mins and it was all fixed.20230321_092234.jpg

King of Trim don't have any. So still looking

What a great job, but what a lot of work. I'd have 8 to do and imagine they'd take me well over an hour each to sculpt by hand out of hardened nut steel !
    Still looking for the real thing