Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Accident damage

Accident damage

Hello to all you great friends, a few days ago, a Hyundai ran into my pristine '68 Porsche. The passenger door, right fender and possibly some suspension damage occured.
    I am looking for recommendation for a Porsche specific body shop in Southern California area.
    Please guide me, it will be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Caston901

Name:  IMG_6802.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  71.0 KBName:  IMG_6793.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  85.8 KBName:  IMG_6801.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  76.3 KB

I am very sorry that this happened to your car and to you Both can be pulled out be a competent body shop without punching holes in the fender and then metal worked. There are many shops in that area, if you provide your zip code I will give you a couple to choose from our 100 thousand plus Porsche customer list

Hi and thanks, I am in 90404 area, Santa Monica

Caston901,

I feel for you. I can share my knowledge and insights into reputable early Porsche bodyshops in SoCal. I went through the whole research/vetting process last year for the bare metal restoration on my 71T. Send me a PM on how best to contact you.

Best,
    Ravi
    ------------------------------------------------
    1971 911T/2.45 engine spec Coupe / Gold Metallic on Black
    1995 911 C2 / Guards Red on Cashmere Beige (Sold)

I would fix the door but I'd replace that fender with a new one from Porsche.
    72S, 72T now ST

I would try to fix the fender because then you know it fits your car. New sheetmetal, even from Porsche, doesn’t always fit the same as what came on the car 50 years ago.
    A part isn't purchased until paid.

The 9 Store LLC.

you might want to fix the fender, not replace
    it appears your fender had a lot of bondo on it
    the reason for keeping it is because you dont know how/what the previous body guy did to make the car work
    it is possible you could put a new fender on and then have to address a lot of issues to make it work on what is there.

The new fenders from Porsche fit great. I would replace it. Your fixed fender will be full of filler. You'll have more time and money into the repair and plenty of filler to get the original correct. I get insurance is paying but I'd go new fender. We could make it fit perfect.
    72S, 72T now ST

There's no reason that fender should have any filler in it if handled by a competent body man. Damage looks minor. Use one of the recommended shops in your area. Try CPR in Fallbrook.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

There's no way you won't have to use filler. The fillers today are fantastic by the way but I know you all hate filler but it's used all the time. Lead is dead. That fender is creased and twisted. You simply can't fix it after straightening without filler. No way.
    72S, 72T now ST