Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss

yes more picture please. The 2.2 S likes to cruse the highway's about 4000 rpm. Lovely color Light Ivory.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Quote Originally Posted by raspy2point2 View Post
    yes more picture please. The 2.2 S likes to cruse the highway's about 4000 rpm. Lovely color Light Ivory.
    What is the speed at such a pace?

That is 4000 rpm with a standard geared tranny. The speed is about 70 Miles per hour.
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

In 5th gear it's a little faster, otherwise you couldn't reach the top speed of 144 mph without going beyond the redline. I'd say around 80 mph. It's definitely a happy zone for both driver and engine.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Congratulations, very nice car! The 2.2S would be my ideal early 911 - if I did not have the perfect 2.0S outlaw! ;-)
    I wish you a lot of joy on all your drives!
    Keep up the speed!

Anatol

'68 911S coupe
    '92 964 RS NGT
    '09 987S Boxster

Frederik, one more question: What will happen to the Targa, can it stay or does it have to go?
    Golden greetings
    Andreas

Looking for the engine 6320484
    MY 1972 2.4S Targa
    MY 1973 T with gentle updates
    MY 1988 560 SL
    MY 1965 Giulia Super

I'm going to sell the Targa. It would be nice to keep it, but I don't really see myself choosing it over the 2.2S for a trip and there's currently a one-in one-out policy.

Because the restoration process had been so arduous for a long time I thought I could never sell it -- invested too much time in it -- but during the trip to Scotland I suddenly realized that I could just move on and experience something else. I really enjoy driving different types of 911s and I guess the best way to do it is to own them, because a short drive will often not reveal what a 911 is truly about. So if I would have a three-Porsche garage, I would like to spread it across the different 911 generations more, so my current thoughts would be to look at a 3.2 or 964 or possibly a 996 GT3 to have some more variety.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833

Two gorgeous cars there, Frederik.
    If the S is still using its original CDI, I would highly recommend that you fit the Classic Retrofit CDI +. My S was transformed by the CDI + five years ago, and continues to run the best it has ever done in my 33 years with the car and 102,000 miles. Old electronics get tired, as I found.
    I have no connection with CR, other than as a very satisfied customer.

All the best,

Chris

Hi Chris,

That's a great suggestion. My 2.2 does seem to have an original CDI box. I'll look into it as we're trying to fine-tune the motor.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    Member #3833

Quote Originally Posted by frederik View Post
    Hi Chris,

That's a great suggestion. My 2.2 does seem to have an original CDI box. I'll look into it as we're trying to fine-tune the motor.
    Hi Frederik, I have a malfunctioning PartsKlassik CDI in an original Bosch case. So if you want to have an original Bosch case this might be a starting point.
    Cheers
    uli