Thread: Front Trunk Related Parts Questions

Front Trunk Related Parts Questions

Hi Guys
    I posted this on Pelican but I have the feeling this is a better site suited to our early cars. I had no luck with the PET or any other after-market supplier diagrams etc. searching for a Porsche part # for the grommets & a source for the bulkhead style ring-type(?) seals from the trunk to dash interior for the (fog, ciggy lighter & rear window de-fogger) switches?
    Name:  Dash Grommets-A.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  101.8 KB
    "Old" pre-resto interior Dash view of switches in question..

Name:  Dash Grommets -C.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  77.1 KB
    Trunk side View showing seals parts in question - the grommet for the rear de-fogger (not shown) disintegrated completely - the one on the left is basically useless - the one on the right might be re-usable(??)

Name:  100_6655.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  94.3 KB
    Top view through speaker opening showing location of the 3 bulkhead style seals in question.

I also need some advice or recommendation on what covers or blocks the rather big hole accessing the steering gear.
    Name:  Ess-holeJPG.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  75.6 KB

Any help or advice will be appreciated
    Thanks & Cheers
    JB
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

Early 911S Registry Member #3749

Hello JB,

From my car built in December 1969, there are no marks of seal grommet on the back of the switches.
    On the Bulkhead, I do not recall which grommet it had.
    I can take a look tomorrow.

Best,
    Dennes
    Best,
    Dennes

Did you try International Mercantile?
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Interesting site - Thanks Ed
    Cheers
    JB
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. - Winston Churchill

Early 911S Registry Member #3749

Just had a look at the 69 parts book. It looks like 999.703.066.50 and 999.703.067.50 are the part numbers you’re looking for, three of each.
    Tony