Thread: I took a 90 minute lunch break for a quick drive

I took a 90 minute lunch break for a quick drive

The weather was so nice the other day, and the snow had melted. I went on a short drive. For those who know the West Denver area, Golden, Boulder, Lyons, my shop is about 30 seconds from the base of Golden Gate Canyon. Then it's UP 6 to 9000 feet then over the Peak to Peak Hwy. This day I headed down Coal Creek Canyon, the base is about 10 minutes West of our house. Other days I keep going across Peak to Peak. Then back on Hwy 93 to my shop. It was very refreshing.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Looks like a wonderful drive!
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

awesome photos! my daughter lives in Fort Collins - would love to check out your shop next time i am out there visiting!
    Bill

Early 911S Registry Member #4087
    Instagram: @myflat6

'72T hotrod 210 0228
    '82SC Targa
    '97C4S (sold - and regretting it)

do you realise how lucky you are (urrr … i mean …. what a wise choice you made) ….
    …. a drive like that over 90 mins … cracking !!!
    Paul

1969 ex-South African RHD Tangerine 911T . 1970 ex-Southern Californian LHD Conda 911T 1955 Series 1 86" Land Rover (original Australian CKD … very slowly re-building) 1987 W124 230e
    (long term paid up member)

myflat6,
    PM me when your heading to Colorado.

Paul,
    I feel very fortunate to live here and the other places I've lived. Always walking distance to the beach in So Bay, Ca, in the 50's and 60's, Aspen and Sun Valley in the 70's, and here ever since. And maybe back in the mountains in the next couple of years. Here is where I live now. Coal Creek Canyon is about 10 minutes from our house. Life is Good indeed.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 04-06-2023 at 06:05 AM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Chris neglected to mention that, though it was sunny and temps in the 70s when he took those photos, that evening the temperature dropped about 55 degrees and it commenced to snow for the next 24 hours. Today we're back in the 50s and the snow is largely gone, but that is life here in Colorado!
    Rich Spritz

1959 BMC Huffaker Mk1 Formula Junior racecar
    1967 Porsche 911 racecar
    1969 Porsche 911T
    1970 Winkelmann WDF2 Formula Ford racecar
    1973 Merlyn Mk24 Formula Ford racecar
    2007 Porsche 997C4 cab (totaled by an idiot running a stop sign)
    2014 Porsche 991 TurboS cab
    2019 Cayman GTS (wife's)

Rich is right.
    March, April, and early May if you don't like the weather just wait a day. Yesterday was 50. 64 today. 81 by early next week then back into the 50's. Oh, and don't forget 80 plus mph winds coming down the canyons a handful of days in the Spring. The Eldora ski area got 10 inches of snow the next day 5 miles further down the road from where those pictures were taken. Drive your Porsche one day and ski the next.
    Here is a Spring snow we got some years back. It all melted 4 days later in 70 to 80 degree temps.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Certainly a year for the books here in the northeast corner of Utah. Still have three or four feet of the white stuff on the ground. The top wires of the fences are just starting to peek out with these sunny days. The driving days are getting closer