Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Recaro Rallye I Seat Set

Original Recaro Rallye I Seat Set

SOLD SOLD!!

Hi All,

Up for sale is a nice Recaro Rallye seat set for your SWB or LWB Porsche. Both are Rallye I seats, one is a 13.28 type seat (broader bolsters) the other one is a standard 13.00 Rallye seat. Both models were extensively used in R, ST, RS and RSR Porsches. Both seats are the 1969 model seats with the rare ventilation holes (see pictures). The upholstery is original and in very good condition except the seating corduroy was renewed recently. It was done very well by a renowned restorer. When mounted in your car you will not see the difference. The upholstery has various small nicks and imperfections due to the old age but both seats are ready for use. The buckets both are solid, intact no cracks, dents or repairs.

The 13.28 seat has two holes made in the bottom section for the seat belts. Nowadays I would consider it a sin to do that. In those days the seats were used what they are made for. The holes are stable they have been there for ages and will not increase or conflict with the integrity of your seat.

Both Seats have the period correct D shaped headrests.

The holes for the slidersare all intact with good thread. Price: 6000$ shipment to the US of A: 400$
    The price includes the original recaro rails. They were modified to position the rallye buckets as low as possible in the car (See pictures)

IMG_3795.jpgIMG_3797.jpgIMG_3798.jpgIMG_3800.jpgIMG_3802.jpgIMG_3817.jpgIMG_3810.jpgIMG_3815.jpgIMG_3816.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911E fan; 06-17-2023 at 05:23 AM.

Some extra pictures how to mount a Rallye harness on request. I love the looks of this combination! IMG_3818.jpgIMG_3819.jpg

The 'modified recaro sliders'. The sliders are still usable although some holes were cut off. In my experience the seat is always as low as possible on the rear side so it will not be a problem. The price is for the complete set including the recaro rails! PS if you are interested in the seats only without the sliders and rails the price is 5000 usd
    IMG_3936.jpgIMG_3937.jpgIMG_3939.jpgIMG_3944.jpgIMG_3945.jpg
    Last edited by 911E fan; 04-20-2023 at 10:56 AM.

Seats are also available with period correct seatbelts
    Last edited by 911E fan; 04-28-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Have a good weekend everybody!

Both seats are still available. I do have period correct rallye seatbelts available to combine.

C07AC2C7-C7EB-45CF-804C-AC7460A0989D.jpgIMG_3889.jpg

This rare 1969 model original recaro set is still available

the seats are both certainly not from 1969 but later. Hope I could help a bit.

regards uwe

Quote Originally Posted by recarno View Post
    the seats are both certainly not from 1969 but later. Hope I could help a bit.

regards uwe
    So what year are they then??
    Mark

Hi Uwe,

Help us out. I was under the impression that seats with the round ventilation holes are early model? They look like they are from the same time period? Appreciate your opinion!

I can only judge based on the pictures, but assume that if you write that letherette and cord are still original, that it is the case. In 1969, for example, the seats had different stitching. so I'm ruling out 1969. if I assume that the d-shapes are also the originals, then the correct year of production would be around mid-1970 - september 1971. but a lot of things go into an exact determination of the date. that would go beyond the scope here. but one thing is certain: not 1969. can you possibly still see a date stamp on the rails (if the rails are the original ones for exactly these seats)?

hope i could help a bit.

regards

uwe