Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: 1967 washer bottle, pump and relay

FS: 1967 washer bottle, pump and relay

Washer bottle pump and relay, good shape $200.00 not including shipping and fees.471EEA2C-6B0E-49FA-9C77-5144B1648212.jpeg

Good deal!
    Pump is very hard to find.

GLWS

Richard
    searching for engine (case) 903742

PM sent

Regards
    Tim

Early 911S Registry #1167

Item is sold

To the buyer or someone else having this mid 1966 fin-reinforced version: I pay 200$ for the pump only.

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    To the buyer or someone else having this mid 1966 fin-reinforced version: I pay 200$ for the pump only.
    my understanding is/was that the fin reinforced version is the earlier one of the two early versions.sounds a bit contradictory but the wall thickness of the other early version without the fins makes me think it is less fragile but seeing this foto with the later plastic tank makes me think i should have an other look at my photo arcive ..i do have one fin reinforced pump(dated first half of 65--don`t remember the month) but it is disassembled because it was leaking..never found the time to reassamble it.

Quote Originally Posted by moito View Post
    my understanding is/was that the fin reinforced version is the earlier one of the two early versions.sounds a bit contradictory but the wall thickness of the other early version without the fins makes me think it is less fragile but seeing this foto with the later plastic tank makes me think i should have an other look at my photo arcive ..i do have one fin reinforced pump(dated first half of 65--don`t remember the month) but it is disassembled because it was leaking..never found the time to reassamble it.
    Hi Franz, Based upon my information, early produced (August 1966) models 1967 have this “early” type of pump with the fins at the base. It would be great if JimT could post detailed pictures, as my guess here is that the date is exactly 08.66. Also the famous picture of Brad Davis with the correct mounting of the pump came from a 1967 model and was of the same type. Maybe one day we have to make the ultimate washer pump thread :-). Kr, Erwin571F2D43-427E-492F-87F4-0D4F6BEC5E32.jpg

Hello,
    I can confirm Franz's conclusion that the fin type pump is the earlier one.
    I have a 9/65 with fins, 12/66 and 9/67 without.
    BR
    Claudius

Quote Originally Posted by 68S_SK2 View Post
    Hello,
    I can confirm Franz's conclusion that the fin type pump is the earlier one.
    I have a 9/65 with fins, 12/66 and 9/67 without.
    BR
    Claudius
    If the one Jim Rogers is selling currently, has its original base plate, we have also a fin one in 12.66.
    I have seen fin versions of 8.66. (That is also why I am looking for the fin version, what we all call the early version)
    It would be good if JimT or the buyer (Bantam?) of the above pump could confirm the date stamp on the one sold here.
    Depending on further data points we might be able to conclude the cut-off month between both versions. It might be 12.66.
    Last edited by Adore911; 05-07-2023 at 01:40 AM.