Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W: early 911 Race Car/Street Car

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

W: early 911 Race Car/Street Car

The hunt is back on for an early 911 Race car, ideally one that is also useable on the street on occasion. The Budget for this car is "about" 120k. The goal for this car is to be a weekend toy and to race with SVRA/CSRG.

The wish list is as follows:
    - SWB preferred but open to all pre 73 911 at this point
    - Period engine build (2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5) etc
    - Period in appearance (no wings or monster turbo flares)

Open to all possibilities at this point

email is claycarr911@gmail.com
    Clay Carr
    R Gruppe #806
    1973 911T Hot Rod

Clay
    finally replied to your December pm. Sent an email today
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by brookedale091462 View Post
    Clay
    finally replied to your December pm. Sent an email today
    Dennis
    Dennis,
    Nothing yet but will keep an eye out.
    Thanks
    Clay Carr
    R Gruppe #806
    1973 911T Hot Rod

As the seller of the blue 98 car, I can assure you that you would not want to drive that on the street! I think it was 11;1 compression with 46's. It was only happy at full throttle!
    Keith E.
    Early 911S Registry #941
    1978 911SC Dirty Penny

Quote Originally Posted by ennisk1 View Post
    As the seller of the blue 98 car, I can assure you that you would not want to drive that on the street! I think it was 11;1 compression with 46's. It was only happy at full throttle!
    As it should be! A race car is really what I’m after. If it can be limped to cars and coffee a couple times a year, that’s just a bonus. That was a great car!
    Clay Carr
    R Gruppe #806
    1973 911T Hot Rod

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownCar View Post
    The hunt is back on for an early 911 Race car, ideally one that is also useable on the street on occasion. The Budget for this car is "about" 120k. The goal for this car is to be a weekend toy and to race with SVRA/CSRG.

The wish list is as follows:
    - SWB preferred but open to all pre 73 911 at this point
    - Period engine build (2.0, 2.2, 2.3, 2.5) etc
    - Period in appearance (no wings or monster turbo flares)

Open to all possibilities at this point

email is claycarr911@gmail.com
    I love your vision!!
    I can't wait to see what you find!!!!
    1969 911T Coupe Blood Orange (Vivy)

Thanks everyone for the leads and offers. Some really amazing cars in members hands.

Landed a fantastic 66 911 race car owned by a hardcore lifelong 911 racer in the mid west. Excited to get it up to snuff and hit the track.

Thanks again to all. See you out there
    Clay Carr
    R Gruppe #806
    1973 911T Hot Rod

Ok, now that you found your baby...the rest of us are pretty sure we deserve some pics.
    registry# 1283

This car was owned and raced heavily for the last 25 years by Klaus Selbert of Missouri. He is a veteran porsche racer, racing a 911S is the 1973 12hr of Sebring and the 1975 24hr of Daytona. Subsequently followed by 50 years of SCCA, La Carrera Panamericana and club racing in 911s. This car had been one of his main racers of the last 25 years along with an identical 68 911, now owned by another member. He is not a big name in porsche racing, nor is this particular car greatly historic, but the more I chat with him, the more I learn about its success all over the mid west, south, and east coast. In speaking with the owner, who raced the car competitively well into his 80s, its clear these cars were like his children, which makes it that much more special.

These old race cars are like thumb prints...totally unique to each individual builder. There is a massive amount of home made and self engineered mechanicals happening on this car, but the chassis is a wonderful base to return to a more period race spec. If anyone knows this car and has pictures, stories or results, I would be thrilled to continue to uncover more about the car.

I am excited to get started on the project. Here are a few photos of it from over the years.

IMG_2060.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2184.jpg
    Clay Carr
    R Gruppe #806
    1973 911T Hot Rod