Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Original Restored Recaro Sport S Seats

Original Restored Recaro Sport S Seats

SOLD

Hi All,

Up for sale is a very nice restored Recaro Sport Seat set. The seats were upholstered with perforated black vinyl bolsters and basketweave inserts. Personally this is my favorite combination for 68 model Sport Seats. Seats like this were a very desirable option and very often installed in S and RS type 911s.

The seats are straight, no hidden surprises and complete with the original Recaro sliders. The recliners work well and the original Recaro knobs are also present. The head rests (off course D style) are upholstered with its original vinyl and match the seats perfectly. The new upholstery was done in Germany by the best restorer in my opinion. When I compare the fabric with original basketweave material or perforated vinyl the likeness is remarkable.

The seats are ready to mount in any SWB or LWB car with either a fixed or a tilting frame (also available, new repro)

Attached are some pictures but I can make many more so please let me know.

Price: 7500 usd. Shipment 500 use with FedEx (reliable and fast)

IMG_4040.jpg)IMG_4041.jpgIMG_4038.jpgIMG_4039.jpgIMG_4043.jpg
    Last edited by 911E fan; 05-06-2023 at 09:36 AM.

Marvelous set. My compliments.

I wish they were for 1972-73 models to fit my 1972 E.
    1972 911E Targa, Mostly Original
    2002 Porsche 996 C4 Cabriolet
    2005 Turbo-converted MINI Cooper S

Quote Originally Posted by Bahman View Post
    Marvelous set. My compliments.

I wish they were for 1972-73 models to fit my 1972 E.
    100% agree. Fantastic seats.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST

You could have at least painted the side recliners to make them 100% fantastic 1968 Sports seats.
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    You could have at least painted the side recliners to make them 100% fantastic 1968 Sports seats.
    Hi Clyde,
    I agree a respray is a good option. But in my hands it is not :-).
    I tried to copy the specific texture of the paint several times but I never succeeded well enough. I believe there is a good thread on the registry about that. I might consider a new fresh layer of satin black paint over the old paint (easy job).

Yes it’s tough to replicate.

My best effort has been with a matt crinkle powder coating I found in Aust not correct but better than chipped and non painted��
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Very fair price in this market.

I'm interested. How can I contact you?
    Thx,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

If you posted before you are allowed to send a personal message (PM) to me. There already is a fair amount of interested people who contacted me. I will have a look if I can contact you.

Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S View Post
    Yes it’s tough to replicate.
    @911E Fan: I had it once done by Cartex Sitzklinik as part of a concours restoration and it was done well. In my view any decent paintshop specialized in restorations should be able to do so. Closer to you is GNCB.NL.