Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reSee Works #2/DP902-4

reSee Works #2/DP902-4

I have developed reSee Works #1/DP902-1 about as far as I can, barring an engine upgrade to 230 plus hp. I'll pass on that at this time. My attention has been to finish a 69 Green Targa 3.2 that is very close to being done. I reference it as reSee Works #3 as I agreed to do the Targa after we decided to do the POLO car and Dean had not finished the engine yet at that time.
    By fall my full attention will be on just one car. A 69 Ultra Blau 2.7 POLO. It is in it's final stages of metal work at the Metal Surgeon here in Colorado. When finished it will go to Vintage Car Works for paint. It will go back to it's original color Ultra Blau. I will post as the car moves along through different stages.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 05-19-2023 at 05:27 AM.
    1959 Auratium Green 356A Super w/ Rudge wheels
    1970 Irish Green 914-6 w/2.2S
    Current -1967 Bahama Yellow 912 POLO 2cam4 #1
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    Personalized Vintage Porsche's and parts
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Here are a few pictures of some of the body work.
    www.reSeeWorks.com
    I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself-Ferdinand Porsche

Dean's website is back up.
    https://www.polomotor.com/

Here are a couple more pictures.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Bob Ashlock gutted the Fireball box and set it up for a four cylinder twin plug.
    This 2.7 engine has Webcam's biggest cam profile, and 105X78 bore/stroke. Mine, 100X76.4=2.4.
    I'm guessing this car will run away and leave my car in the dust.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 05-24-2023 at 05:58 AM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

What a gorgeous engine, it’s got me thinking……

Rick,
    Me too. Another 50 hp is now possible. Around 250 ish. But spending another 40k on top of my engine causes me to pause. Different heads, p&c’s, cams, exhaust, injectors, maybe Motec, etc.
    A 250 hp POLO done by Jerry Woods, or a guy Jeff Jabate uses in the same area is a 100k lump. I payed a lot less 11 years ago. Mine was the first to get EFI. EFI Motec costs close to what I paid for the whole thing back then.
    Matt out of the UK had Tutthill do his conversion. The owner drove his dark grey 912. Matt said he was blown away. Enough power and VERY balanced handling. His is like mine. 190 to 200 hp at sea level.
    For a guy with average driving skills like me, it’s a great way to go.
    Last edited by Chris Pomares; 05-23-2023 at 09:22 AM.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

It’s a lot of fun to reSee things.
    Tell 200F only the passenger side front oil cooler cools the oil. After that the oil will go through the drivers side cooler.
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Love it all. 200 hp in my 67 912 SWT sounds very interesting. Still thinking, buy yea, 100k is a lot for 4 cylinders.

Rick you are correct. The challenge for Dean is the lack of scale. I'm guessing Dean puts in a production run order for maybe 10 cases, cranks, cams from different sources. Now he has to sit on this inventory and hope he can turn it sooner than later. He has to pay setup time and small orders make each unit very expensive. If you can build it yourself, buy a kit and source the parts. A base 180 to 200 hp POLO with carbs and a twin plug distributor can be had for less. For that you would have to talk to Dean. www.polomotor.com
    www.reSeeWorks.com

Oh I am sure he is not getting rich on this project I know cost. I think the kit would be best route for me. 180-200 is plenty for me. You would be well over a stock 67S with a lot less weight.