Thread: Outside the building in London’s Savile Row where the Beatles last played live

Outside the building in London’s Savile Row where the Beatles last played live

Last edited by Chuck Miller; 05-24-2023 at 10:39 AM.

I worked in 12A for ten years ... used to walk outside the Apple building many many times and there were usually chalk messages written on the steps from fans ...
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

View from next door
    70AEACD3-EC0F-48D4-B056-1D48CA43D860.jpg

Nice area used to be my old stomping ground. My wife worked in Savile Row.
    Back in 80s I used to have a penthouse office atop Berkeley Square House that I’m reliably informed by an acquaintance who worked there that the penthouse used to be the former office of Lord Stokes when BLMC had their head office in Mayfair*. They had long left before I was allocated the office and I didn’t know it’s history at time but there was evidence of it being a special spot high above above the famous Jack Barclay Bentley showroom. The penthouse was served discretely by its own lift around corner frim the main Berkeley Square entrance in Bruton St a small lobby beside the house where Queen Elizabeth II was born before her father became King upon abdication of his brother.
    Not sure when BLMC senior executives departed but this feisty letter to Motor Sport from BL is roughly 15 years before I moved to the same penthouse office A25F8B40-701F-46D9-9E5F-6D589B70D381.jpg

Steve

*The address on this report rather confirms he was correct about it being the HQ
    https://mk1-performance-conversions....969_report.pdf
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-29-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Not too much has changed in that corner of Mayfair where Savile Row meets Burlington since Beatles last live performance in 1969. There was a red Ferrari in front of the Royal Academy of Art rather than the Maserati of McCartney which back was then was red:

E4B41876-EA22-441B-B860-4A6905144080.jpg
    89FACEAB-4427-4C2B-A468-42BF90A95F0A.jpg

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-29-2023 at 11:12 AM.