Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clock Coversion To Quartz

Clock Coversion To Quartz

My 69 large clock has stopped twice after repairs. Found a quartz clock but it is much smaller diameter((60mm). Is it possible to remove the quartz mechanism and put it in the larger 69 body? Is there a quartz version of the larger clock. Could find no info on clocks by model year.
    Thanks

If it were me, I'd just get the thick rubber mounting ring for the quartz clock and mount it with that and call it a day.

Lazy Jim

I need to be spoon fed on this. I find rubber mounting rings for 80mm clock but nothing for 60mm clock to fit in 80mm hole. Can you be more specific? https://914rubber.com/80-mm-clock-mo...he-911-and-930

I took a used 74 later quartz clock and installed it in my 73 targa. The clock hands are a little different with no silver disk, but the installation was exactly like the old clock. Accurate time with less battery drain, and I can always reinstall my old clock in 10 minutes. Rob

Thanks
    Could you please post a picture of clock in your 73 dash. I have yet to find a thick rubber mounting ring Jim suggested.

I also would like to see a rubber sleeve to mount a 60mm gauge in a 80mm hole.

I got my 69 clock working perfect. Would be willing to try to get yours running for the return shipping.
    Steve

I really like the mechanical clock vs a quartz one -- it seems much more appropriate for a vintage 911. So here's one more vote for restoring the mechanical clock.
    1970 2.2S Elfenbeinweiss
    1972 2.4T Targa Aubergine (MFI) [For sale]
    2002 996 TT Midnight Blue
    Member #3833

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Planck View Post
    My 69 large clock has stopped twice after repairs. Found a quartz clock but it is much smaller diameter((60mm). Is it possible to remove the quartz mechanism and put it in the larger 69 body? Is there a quartz version of the larger clock. Could find no info on clocks by model year.
    Thanks
    Phil

I don't think your clock is actually a 911 clock. It may be from a 914 with a factory console. A 911 quartz clock is almost the same size as an analog clock. Why not post a picture of the clock in question.

Jim

I had Palo Alto Speedometer convert my mechanical clock to quartz. Keeps perfect time, even after sitting for weeks.
    Nick Psyllos
    S Reg & R Gruppe
    1973 Euro 911S
    1972 911T to ST